free website stats program My custom bike doesn't run | Harley Davidson Forums

My custom bike doesn't run

italian_rider

Four mounths ago I disconnected the battery. Yesterday, after that it was fully charged, I reconnected the battery to the wires, but, when I turned on the key.....nothing happened. I mean no lights, no leds, just nothing.:newsmile08:

I cleaned the connections but the problem is going on!:newsmile08:

Four mounths ago my bike starts and runs very well.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Have the battery checked and if that's OK, check your main fuse. Maybe Chopper or Glider , with they superior knowledge will help you here.

Thanks!
I have a thermic fuse with a Spike's starting module!

I thinked about it! but my bike didn't have any problem in the past!

Do U think to something else?

There's not much to make the lights work. Battery, battery ground cable, main fuse and ignition switch.

Thanks Jaceddie and Hoopie!

I'm doing a good check but I don't have good mechanichs right here!

So I need to calm before working on my bike.

Thanks again

start at bat + w/ meter follow wires ck for power ck should have constant hot at stater ck for hot at selinoid when pushing start button 12volts now should be there..keep using meter.....& welcome .

Check battery voltage and check for power to all fuses, and all grounds. With a tedt light hooked up to the positive post of the battery, any metal u touch should light the test light verifying u have a ground

Clean the ground on the frame/motor end and check the main fuse. Or put both +/- wires on your tongue to see if the battery is good.:newsmile098::small3d038::lolrolling

Make sure you have the positive cable on the positive battery post and negative on negative post.Mencia.

Your title says custom bike, you sure there isn't more than the heavy cable going from the battery to the starter. I have seen customs the had the heavy cable going to the starter and a second wire running the rest of the electrics. Hope you find your problem.

Back