free website stats program My brother laid it down.. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

My brother laid it down..

Glad your Brother's ok. I was riding down the road last week, and had a car pull up out of a Store parking lot and then he stepped on the Gas then Stopped real Quick. I thought for sure he was coming out.. I have my highbeam on and flashing all the time, And I think it got his attention. Five miles futher down the road, I noticed a ten wheel box truck pull up to the stop sign and I thought that would be bad if he pulled out in front of me.. Sure enough I got close and he pulled right dead out in front of me.. and my light was still flashing. I think that his mirror had me covered .. I went around him in the road that he was coming out of, Real close call...

It happens. I totalled my bike after some woman came out of a side street looking the other way. I am okay for the most part and I bought a 06 Ultra and have been riding that since. Anyway, your brother is one to decide. I am more paranoid now when I'm riding in the city and out in the country, I look far ahead. Don't take for granted that some in a car will actually see you - even if you make eye contact with them in the mirrors.

Last edited by a moderator:
It happens. I totalled my bike after some woman came out of a side street looking the other way. I am okay for the most part and I bought a 06 Ultra and have been riding that since. Anyway, your brother is one to decide. I am more paranoid now when I'm riding in the city and out in the country, I look far ahead. Don't take for granted that some in a car will actually see you - even if you make eye contact with them in the mirrors.

Yes. I used to think like that, okay, we've got a connection here, she/he sees me, but I no longer take that for granted. I'm convinced that although the person is looking at us, and we think we've made that visual connection, the other person sometimes doesn't mentally process what they have just seen. It's like they are mentally disconnected but the illusion of that mental handshake exist. Like yourself, I don't take that for granted anymore either.
Glad you're okay to live and talk about it!

Back