free website stats program My brother laid it down.. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My brother laid it down..

I was glad to read that your brother is OK.A bike can be replaced and you sure cant blame yourself for his accident.Everone makes thier own choices.

Good to hear your bro's healing & ready to saddle-up once again. Any accident you walk away from is a good one, but still a bummer to have your pride/joy take a hit. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

Just want to thanks to all of you. My brother is healing up and soon I expect him to start complaining that its taking to long to get his bike fixed..LOL. Seriously though, I think when things like this happen to people we care about we can dwell on how much worse it could have been.We all need to be alert . Well I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend. As for me Im minding the store but may take a ride after work..:) Thanks again.Mat

Glad he is okay. Very scary thing. But, not your fault...all who ride know the risks involved. I personally have decided not to allow fear to keep me from doing what I love to do. Heck, you can fall down your stairs in your house and break your neck. It's happened to folks...

I echo the relief that your brother is okay. I know that right before I started to ride, my director's husband came within a fraction of an inch losing his life when someone turned left as he was in the process of passing. He didn't hit the cage, but laid his bike down and slid. His spleen ruptured............. He started riding again as soon as his bike was fixed (and as soon as the docs okayed it). It bothered me, but didn't stop me from learning to ride. We all know it's a risk from the get-go. We just need to be focused constantly and plan for those moments as best we can. Riding is so much fun! Your brother knows it too!:s

Prays God that your brother is good to go. I would feel the same way as you at first but then logic would start to work it out. You are not at fault for you brother making a free minded choice with his eyes wide open.

God bless

I'm sorry to hear about your brother's misfortune but I'm glad all turned out for the better. Don't place the blame on yourself. Ultimately we are all responsible for the choices that we make. I understand how you feel but be thankful all turned out for the better.
Ride safe!
HC

I talked to to him last night and he is thinking about a rental. Looks like there is no point with my guilt when he cant wait to ride again. I did encourage him in getting a bike but Im definitely didn't need to talk him into getting back on..I think he is hooked...Thanks again .....Mat

I talked to to him last night and he is thinking about a rental. Looks like there is no point with my guilt when he cant wait to ride again. I did encourage him in getting a bike but Im definitely didn't need to talk him into getting back on..I think he is hooked...Thanks again .....Mat
I think we are all hooked! :p

I can completely relate to what you're feeling right now. I was hit by a left turn red light runner a couple years ago on my dads newly purchased ultra classic. He stopped riding even though he had just started. I feel like at times I took a hit that was meant for him and I'd do it everyday all over again to save him from that. And of course he felt that he shouldn't have bought the bike because then I wouldn't have been hit. Time will never change the "what ifs" but it will make them easier to accept and realize that you didn't do anything wrong. Glad your brother is ok and hope you guys are able to put on many more safe miles together.

Back