free website stats program My brother laid it down.. | Harley Davidson Forums

My brother laid it down..

mat 60

I have a brother that lives 50 miles north of me and works in Bangor Maine....He rides his bike to work most days lately..On his way home yesterday a guy in a landscaping turned left in front of him and he laid the bike down.The bike crashed into the truck and he tumbled down the road..The guy said he just didn't see the bike.Thank god my brother is ok..Lucky to get away with no broken bones but bruised up and some sore. I am glad he whairs all the gear.His modular helmet hit so hard it opened..He is home and when I talked to him last night he said he still wants to ride. His bike was hauled off to the Harley shop. I kind of feel Im partly to blame for showing up at his house last summer with my bike witch made him want one all the more and I didn't try to talk him out of it.I mean lets face it, we are living on the edge a bit...Ill be calling him when Im done with this and to tell you the truth after this I wish he would stop riding but its not up to me..You know even though my brother is ok this hit me hard..It makes you think...Everyone please ride safe....Mat

Glad to hear your brother is OK. Yes, riding a motorcycle is more dangerous then a car. It's a risk we all run everytime we throw our leg over. For me, I'm willing because the enjoyment of riding outweighs the risk. Don't hold yourself responsible, I'm sure he knows/knew the risk as well.

Glad he is OK!. Same thing happened to my son. He was fortunate to walk away almost unharmed, but he still wants to ride. Guess it's in your blood. Don't trust anyone in a cage....even if it's me.

Well I called my brother Mike...He is doing ok. He is looking forward to riding again so I figured knows the time to tell him to get the new handlebars he has been talking about..Thank you all ...Mat...Ps Its going to be in the 90s the next 5 days .....Its HOT.:)

Best to your brother and, best to you too....don't beat yourself up. We all make our own choices. Your brother chooses to ride. You/we choose to ride. We all know its not the safest thing to do. So glad he's ok.

Mat I'm with the rest of the crowd here. You should not beat yourself up over this, we all understand the risk of riding on two wheels. That being said has your brother taken the MSF riders course? I'm not saying that what he could learn there would have changed the outcome, but it is a great way to learn what to look for. If he has taken the course you and he need to find a vacant parking lot and practice panic stops and swerving maneuvers. Maybe you and he could take the course together and make it a brother bonding thing. Ride Safe, Don

Dont beat your self up over this, We ALL have choices, Glad your brother will be OK:s

Hey Mat, just want to Dido what the others have stated, I'm glad your Brother is ok. We all make our indecisions and live by them. I'm sure your Brothers has had many hours of enjoyment rideing because of your influence but things happen and all we can do is hope to get by unscathed.

Dave

Back