free website stats program My Age rears up and hits me again | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My Age rears up and hits me again

I was in the Ocala H/D shop today and they have gallon jugs in stock. I think that they had 4 jugs on the shelf. They looked the same as that gallon can posted above

I remember the mimeograph papers, but I never took a hit off one. I guess I missed out on that?

I remember when the Kennedys died, i guess it's true, all the good ones die young.

You bet I remember. No self respecting mechanical genius would not have a can of that stuff in his shop. Most of us would brush it on with an old paint brush and then after it set for 1/2 hour or so, we washed it off with a garden hose. Ya, it had a very distinctive odor about it, didn't it. I think I have seen it on the shelves recently, only it was in a spray can. Probably didn't have as much "goodies" in it as the older stuff had.

Don't worry about it. These kids today have missed out on some of the most fantastic things in life. Vacuum operated windshield wipers. 3 on the tree, AM radio, no power brakes, power windows, power steering, power seats. And most fun of all...no seatbelts

On the other hand, when working properly those tech advances are just that a little complexity but do contribute to driving our cages a lot easier, but takes away from the "skill factor"! I think I saw Gunk Engine Brite in a small can as well as a spray, I think they even used a version of it at the coin operated car wash...as late as 7 years ago.

As for the good ol' stuff, I know the computer keyboard I am using has slowed my touch typing ability and accuracy considerably from the old mechanical typewriter days in high school, but would I want to go back?...not without HDTimeline in the mix...nostalgia is a good thing, but only to a point!

3 on the tree?Now there's an expression I haven't heard since my teens!Around the time dinosaurs roamed the earth!

3 on the tree?Now there's an expression I haven't heard since my teens!Around the time dinosaurs roamed the earth!

Musta been 3 very small dinos...to be in a tree...here is an oxymoron, was there a forth one to observe them there to "coin" that expression?:small3d031:

Back