free website stats program My 2009 Street Glide Shaved Tail | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My 2009 Street Glide Shaved Tail

I'm not a fan of the 2010 FLHX's without a real brakelight but that is how HD should have done the 2010's.

Looks Great!!!

The lights are just under $100 each, times 4. I also purchased the Badlands controller. Also in the parts list was the Kuryakyn curved license plate holder w/LED white lights. Including the Biketronics 6.5 speakers and amp, parts set me back roughly $1200.
Labor and paint for the rear fender work, inner fairing, the upper fork tube cow-bells and chrome shield below the fairing along with cutting in the lights in the bags was around $2400 more. I’m still recovering from the shock but the work was flawless and I had to keep reminding myself you get what you pay for.
The disassembly for the faring, gages, rear fender etc was not nearly as labor intensive as the work the painter did. The painter cut the lights in the bags, welded the holes in the rear fender from the stoplight and license plate bracket, flush mounted the lights and repainted the back side of the bags, entire fender and inner fairing etc...
I was inspired by the look of the new CVO Street Glide’s rear end appearance but I wasn’t particularly fond of the long plastic signal lens covers in the filler panels; it just looks to OEM and lacks a custom look. I was really surprised at how much the painted inner fairing changed the overall looks even before the rest of the work back on the bike.

that is a very clean and nice look, it great you defently got your moneys worth it looks great. but as we all know it dosnt stop their!!!

Real Nice , I like the solo look with all the rear work and the inner faring just tops it all off.

SWEEET, is that a 2010? I have a 2008 Street Glide. I have a different set up and plan on doing something to it sometime in the future. I like the inside painted fairing. That looks hot. Mine ended up getting gloss black. It really makes a difference. I too want to flush mount some lights in my bags but i'm still looking for something in a flame or skull look? I have not found much on the web that I like. My Theme is skull and flames.
Anyway good luck with the rest and definitely put up some pics.

toriibike.jpg

No the bike is a 2009.
I finally had an opportunity to ride it to the store last night. It’s been raining here in Seattle as it was the day I road it home from the shop. I couldn’t help notice as I road through the store parking lot that it drew a lot of attention. It was just getting dark and the tail lights are so brilliant it aluminates the entire back of the bike. As much as I like the look when the lights are off, it’s striking when they are on.
For the record, the Biketronics mini 80 watt amp and 6.5 speakers make a huge difference. With both the base and treble on full I can crank the volume up without any distortion. For the first time I loaded up a CD case with a few favorites and stored it in the side bag.
I really wanted to ride to work this morning but it was 36 degrees, dry but a bit on the cold side. I’m looking forward to Spring/Summer do more riding.
Thanks for all the nice comments, it makes paying out the cash feel a little easier to justify.

Back