• Wow! Looks Horrible!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who Cares, It's Your Ride...

Votes: 13 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem maybe someone on here can help me with. I just recently bought myself a 2008 Nightster which im pretty proud of considering im only 19. My first order of business though is i want to make it louder and the quick fix is obviously trying to remove the baffles but the problem is it seems damn near impossible to get the ends off so that i can remove the baffles. Any suggestions?

Opinions vary and I commend you on your work. It's not for me or my likes, but it took great time & effort, and for that I give you thumbs up. Just not my cup of tea.

Harley's are like 1911's, every flavor and optoin can be had for the right amount of $$$. I also commend you because YOU did the work. I'm not that mechanically inclined and am envious of those that are.

Congrats on a great bike for you. Tracy

Dude 2 thumbs up and i think i have wood. love the bike i can only hope i can make my 09 nighty look as nice as you have yours. thank u so much for the ideals that will keep me up most of the night! lol :D

Bad news :(

I'm going to the "other side":devil, turning the Nightster into a cafe racer :54:

I'll be selling my seat kit (with p-pad), exhaust, custom sissy bar (only a damn month old), forward controls, and shortshocks so if you or anyone you know is interested, let me know...
:cheers
I'm keen as on your pipes and forwards !!!
Call me if you still have em ... pleeeeease ; )

Cam

Thank you, with the exception of the paint, I did everything but that...
With the speedo, I bought a 5" Autometer Tach mount, painted it black, and mounted it to the coil mount using the stock screw, worked perfectly. Bought a new handlebar clamp from HD, it was like 15 bucks, then just painted it black...
The pegs are from hippykiller.com, they are great! and pretty cheap!
No, I didn't have to get new cables, all I did was bend the brake line straight...
I'm pretty happy with it the way it is, but maybe in the future I'd add some black striping, id probably do black scallops though...

What's up man? Bike looks great. I have been looking all over the autometer website and can't find a 5" tach mount for sale anywhere! Did you buy it directly from their website or somewhere else? I am planning on putting drag bars on my '08 Nighty and need to put the speedo somewhere, when I saw this idea I was sold. I'd appreciate it greatly if you could tell me exactly where you got your mount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the Nightster is for sale, my offer to buy a house was accepted, so all of the toys must go :17:

Here is the listing:
Customized 2008 Nightster

:bigsmiley19:

I know how you are feeling, but once you are in your house and things are stable financially...opportunity...circumstances (luck) and timing will come together and another HD will be in your future...something to look forward to...what? Your keeping it, but converting it to a "cafe racer"...How is that working out...Lets see some pictures DNG!!!!:small3d026:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back