free website stats program My 2006 Ultra will not fire on #2 cylinder | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

My 2006 Ultra will not fire on #2 cylinder

Testing The Charging System

Take a look here in the self help section on how to test the regulator.

Do you have an owners manual? Does your bike have parade mode? Is it possible that is causing the problem?

Do you have an owners manual? Does your bike have parade mode? Is it possible that is causing the problem?
I was thinking that maybe it had something to do with my problem.. I don't think it can be disabled on the 06 model...The way I understand it is it stops it from firing the rear cylinder and still puts fuel in it to help cool it when it gets too hot... I did disconnect the temp sensor with no change.. It will run after it has been sitting for a while then starts not firing the rear plug after a few seconds.. It will fire hit and miss every now and again... I put my timing light on it and watch it fire like I said every once and a while.. Front cylinder never misfires.. New coil, 2 sets of new plugs, wires .Crank sensor...

I was thinking that maybe it had something to do with my problem.. I don't think it can be disabled on the 06 model...The way I understand it is it stops it from firing the rear cylinder and still puts fuel in it to help cool it when it gets too hot... I did disconnect the temp sensor with no change.. It will run after it has been sitting for a while then starts not firing the rear plug after a few seconds.. It will fire hit and miss every now and again... I put my timing light on it and watch it fire like I said every once and a while.. Front cylinder never misfires.. New coil, 2 sets of new plugs, wires .Crank sensor...
I am seriously thinking about getting a used ECM off E-Bay and trying that... (Edit) I can get one for $120.00 low miles..

Please Click the below link and read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I am seriously thinking about getting a used ECM off E-Bay and trying that... Hell I can get one for $120.00 low miles..

That makes sense to me, seems to me the ECM needs to see compression to fire the plug on these TC engines I assume you have good numbers front and rear? I dunno if a bad wire on an injector could interrupt a spark it may be worth thinking on Good Luck and keep us posted, this 1 has me stumped

It is not a charging problem.. I have been an electrical tech for 30 years.. It does not have spark at the rear plug..

What I suggested you read was how to test the voltage regulator which is what dolt suggested, it's covered in the posting. If you have a bad regulator you'll get erratic or no spark.

I am seriously thinking about getting a used ECM off E-Bay and trying that... Hell I can get one for $120.00 low miles..

Might try the MAP sensor before buying an ECM but the ECM swap is a good idea. PN is 32416-10; the early PN was superseded in MY2009. I was going to suggest the head temp sensor but I believe I read that you had tried with it disconnected with no change.

Didn't the HD Shop RE-Install another Down-Load to correct the Problem with the Parade Mode without the OFF ON switch like on the newer Rides?...

signed....BUBBIE

Back