free website stats program My 2005 FXD shakes so bad that... | Harley Davidson Forums

My 2005 FXD shakes so bad that...

mattgenk

Account Removed
...the rear exhaust pipe bracket broke loss while I was riding this weekend. I couldn't recover the bracket, as I was zinging down I-95 near Washington, DC. Now my pipes hang dangerously low and scrapes when I corner. Clearly I'll have to get a new bracket fabricated and welded onto the bike (and new pipes :bigsmiley19: ), but I want to get to the root of the issue. Anyone know why the bike is shaking so bad? I could probably make one heckava martini on that sucker!

Anyone know why the bike is shaking so bad?

Welcome to the Forum. Lots of great info here and in the heads of your fellow members.

I see that the '05 Dyna is your second bike. First couple of things I would check with a badly shaking engine/tranny is the motor mount and the stabalizer link. With the motor mount, even if it does not look damaged/torn, it may be wallowed out (see below). With the stabilizer link, it will be obvious. After ensuring that your engine and tranny are securely attached to the bike, is the engine running rough or is it just the shaking problem? If the former, put some gloves on and see if pulling the plug wire on either cylinder make no difference. If one of them hardly affects how the bike is running, that cylinder is not running correctly. Pull the plugs and check (replace if it has been a while).

Let us know what you find to this point.

Improved Rubber Motor Mount - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Last edited by a moderator:
hey that will get you booted every time.why would someone want to have 3 accounts?anyway what good does it do the person?

Back