free website stats program My 1st Harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My 1st Harley

My 1st bike was when I was 12 (56 now)... Dad bought me an M-50 Harley, (Great Choice) A little Itallian Looking bike: 50cc 3speed on the handle bars..'65. 1969 I got a Harley"Rapido" another 2-stoke Trail bike. Then in 1972 I bought a Harley 350 Sprint, kept it for 6-months (It was a Dog). Also in 1972 after the Sprint I bought a Honda 500 4-cylinder, Great bike (But it wasn't a Harley) Kept that bike "Courted" my wife to be. She Loved riding w/me... Got married, Hung onto the Honda until our 1st child was born... Sold the Honda... 28years later wife said "Maybe we should get another Bike" When I picked myself up off the floor I started looking... Bought a '07 Sporty 883 great bike but a little small for 2-up. Earlier this year we bought the '09 Heritage & have Loved every minute. I'm glad to be back in the saddle again (I think there's a song about that) This was a little long, sorry but I got carried away...

Harry B

Very nice, and I like the Smoky Gold color...have to say I wish I was about a foot taller and 25 years younger just looking at it. :D

100_1422.jpg
2004 Ultra Classic.

Ultra, I'm sorry I was trying to post on a simular Thread & got timed out, didn't mean to go on about myself... Your Bike is Beautiful !!!

nice bike for your first Harley...congratulations

As said before get the cam chain tensioners checked out depending on miles, if it has 25k on the clock you want to check it out.
If money permits put in a new set of cams to get a bit of performance with new lifters.

On that model you want to do some research on changing to gear drive or update to the later hydraulic chains as it will be something you need to look at. Once you do either conversion you are set for many miles without a worry.
you will love it

Back