free website stats program My 09 UC review | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My 09 UC review

Hello Mr. Ultra...OH-Nine.....

Are you going to change out the pipes or just leave theme stock for now. I have had three Roadkings and the Pipes were the first accessory to me. I don't like my HD real loud...just nice and mellow.....:)

I am absolutely going to change the pipes, liklely the first mod I will do. Problem is not knowing what is available for fit. I need to change pipes, put a TFI fuel management system on as well as a K&N Filter. I amk looking mostly at Reinhart slip on pipes. Any information anyone has on any of these items will be greatly appreciated. TFI does not list anything for the 09 last I checked.:D

I am absolutely going to change the pipes, liklely the first mod I will do. Problem is not knowing what is available for fit. I need to change pipes, put a TFI fuel management system on as well as a K&N Filter. I amk looking mostly at Reinhart slip on pipes. Any information anyone has on any of these items will be greatly appreciated. TFI does not list anything for the 09 last I checked.:D

Well, I’m glad someone is happy with the new UC’s. My wife, in her infinite wisdom, thought she would surprise me last September for my birthday. I was on the road traveling and she took my ’01 SE Glide and traded it in on an’08 FLHTCUSE3. It’s OK, but I’m disappointed loosing having lost the front air suspension, the drive by wire is slow to respond and the heat was awful. Plus there is a high speed tranny whine at 50-55 in 5th. And lastly, the GPS is stupid and not user friendly.
I resolved the heat problem by going to Reinhart TDs, a PC III and Stage 1. I did the work myself and got the bike close on the fuel management with some tech input from DynoJet. Had Dr. Dyno tweek it during Laconia Bike Week. He built an entirely new curve which works great. Heat is gone. 13.5 to 13.7 on the fuel through the entire range and wound up with 110 on torque and 96.5 on HP. The throttle response did improve somewhat , but there are times when you pull off you still need to juice it up a little to keep from stalling thanks to the “NEW” and improved hydraulic clutch. As noted before, with the bike fully loaded the front end dives much more under even minor brake application. I’m tempted to go to a cartridge front end versus damper rods. I’m not impressed and wish I had my RG back. I guess the only good thing is my wife thought she was doing something great. Now she has more room to pack crap and the seat is more comfy. Stereo works well but, I will never succumb to the headset gang….Keep yer yap shut or YELL works fine for me!

I bought an 09 UC a couple of weeks ago, I traded in my chopped down 1999 UC, This 09 bike is great, since I usually ride my 58 panhead or 95 softail around town, I didn't think I would ride this bike much locally, but I tell you, being 57 years old, this is the way to go, I never thought I would be old enough to ride a full blown UC, took the ribbing from everyone, you know I now ride a geezer glide, pawpaw bike, Harley Goldwing, etc, etc, but I tell you, I don't think I will ride anything else much again....I travel several times a year on a motorcycle, usually about a 3,000 mile trip when I go, and I am sure this will be pure pleasure on this bike.

The only negatives, my wife does not like the seat or the backrest, this is the first bike I have had with a tour-pak, so am trying to figure out what type of support between the seat and the tour-pak rest on top would support her back. I think the seat just needs breaking in. Overall, I am glad I waited till this year to upgrade bikes, if any problems arise, I will let everyone know, but at this time, I have broken in the engine and put quite a few miles on it and I love this bike, I bought the Hot Red Sunglo over gold dust flakes in the paint and am very happy.

Back