Mutazu HL bags for the FatBagger

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Dan.1977P, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Dan.1977P

Dan.1977P Active Member

First impression is they are very flimsy! Smaller than I expected too but I guess you get what you pay for. They will do for a while but I don't see them standing the test of time but maybe they will hold out long enough to allow us to save enough cash and trade the Fatty on an SGS.

Pardon the mess. I'm still trying to move in.

Attached Files:

2. Trout1

Trout1 Member

I agree their products are flimsy, I only live 25 miles from Mutazu so went to check them out for a tour pack. They wanted $400.00 and then the latches were plastic! I decided to wait and look for a good used HD tour pack.

3. Dan.1977P

Dan.1977P Active Member

Yeah, I drove right past them last weekend and wish I would have toured as well but I'm kind of in between a rock and a hard place. All the bags at their price point are going to be flimsy but I'm not ready to spend $1k on great bags yet, but the bags I was given last year are falling apart and I need something to get me through. I think if I'm nice to them, they will last a few years.

4. Dan.1977P

Dan.1977P Active Member

They don't look too out of place at least but they will only keep honest people honest.

Attached Files:

5. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

Those look as good as HD bags,if not better.Can't tell flimsy from pics.

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

They look good and flow with the lines of your bike:s

7. Dan.1977P

Dan.1977P Active Member

Thanks. It snowed for the last two days here so I haven't been able to test ride and now I have the wheels off to put new Commander II's on the front and back.

Here are a couple more. If they look like they are holding up, I'll see about fixing that massive dent in the tank the previous owner left me and repainting everything to match.

Attached Files: