free website stats program mustang wide solo fitment FXDL 2009 dyna lowrider | Harley Davidson Forums

mustang wide solo fitment FXDL 2009 dyna lowrider

Lrider79

Just received mustang wide solo touring seat for my 09 dyna low rider. The seat needs to move 3/8 inch forward toward the gas tank for the finder screw to line up. Mustang rep told me to put some soap on front tab and push it in hard to line up the back tab to rear finder screw hole. I need this seat to remove easily for seat swaps plus i will be getting the matching passenger seat also.

First of all, this seat is not going forward as the mustang rep described and i am skeptical about the force it will take to move this seat forward enough to align with the finder hole.

Are there any techniques out there to get this problem solved or is this seat manufactured out of spec?

Just received mustang wide solo touring seat for my 09 dyna low rider. The seat needs to move 3/8 inch forward toward the gas tank for the finder screw to line up. Mustang rep told me to put some soap on front tab and push it in hard to line up the back tab to rear finder screw hole. I need this seat to remove easily for seat swaps plus i will be getting the matching passenger seat also.

First of all, this seat is not going forward as the mustang rep described and i am skeptical about the force it will take to move this seat forward enough to align with the finder hole.

Are there any techniques out there to get this problem solved or is this seat manufactured out of spec?

First of - Welcome to HD Talking!:bigsmiley12: The official welcome crew will be here soon enough . . . I'd also encourage you to post in the new member section as well too . . . a quick intro.
With that out of the way with, I can say that everything I've read on Mustang seats and what I've read here and elsewhere they appear to be a quality product. My H-D one up seat also requires me to push the lip up under that tank bracket to get a good lock. The seats are apparently built to flex a bit, and this slight increase in size is a designed in feature.
Your description sounds like nothing is out of place . . .

Mark - Thanks!:newsmile026:

I too just bought a Mustang seat at Sturgis. My seat has a sheet metal piece in the front that slides into a hole on the frame. The rep just splayed that a tiny bit to allow it to come forward a bit. I admit that I don't know if the Dyna has the same hardware as my Road King.

I had a Mustang Solo put on in Sturgis also, slid right on with Mo problems

Jack when you say "Mo" problems did you mean No problems or more than you care to mention? I'm looking for a new seat.

:p Typo, the seat tang on a Mustang is metal, a very well built seat:s

Update... Mustang confirmed mfg to spec problem with the seat I received. They sent me a replacement seat and it fit fine. Mustang stood behind the product and the sales rep treated me well. Kudos to Mustang customer service

Update... Mustang confirmed mfg to spec problem with the seat I received. They sent me a replacement seat and it fit fine. Mustang stood behind the product and the sales rep treated me well. Kudos to Mustang customer service

Thank goodness they made it right. The amount of money get for a seat, they had better step up!

Back