free website stats program Mustang vs Corbin | Harley Davidson Forums

Mustang vs Corbin

skycop97

Any opinions from users of Mustang Seats vs Corbin for distance riding? So far I like the looks of the Corbin with the use of the backrest that can be moved from the rider back to the passenger. I'm taking delivery of a '10 FXDC next month and will be planning a trip from PA to SC shortly after. Even open to other suggestions. Backrest/sissy seems the way to go as I've done several road trips a year and need the luggage capacity, but hate the look of saddles on a perm basis.

Thanks much!

I know a guy who has a corbin,he likkes it.It takes awhile to break in he said. I have a CC seat from calif. It is a nice seat,friendly customer service and a workmanship. The price was right to,check them out.

I have a mustang 16" wide solo with backrest on my FXDF Fat Bob and love it.
Corbin did not make a 16" wide seat

No expeirience with either but I have read and heard of quite a few customer service complaints about Corbin. Use Google and you'll find lots of complaints.

Bodeen

I have a mustang 16" wide solo with backrest on my FXDF Fat Bob and love it.
Corbin did not make a 16" wide seat

I've had a mustang vintage wide with the 12" pillion since 02 and it is still really nice. no wrinkles but I am beginning to think I may need an inch of new padding. btw, it has 100k miles on it, no rips, no cracks.

Corbin is top of the line in bike seats, but I could kick myself for taking a mustang off my bike and putting a Corbin on, the mustang was just so much more comfort, the Corbin took a lot of fun out of riding, but it sure looked good.

Just got a new Sundowner, I like it real good so far...... Rode just a few miles but so far so good. Lot better than the stock seat. I was going to replace it five years ago but you know .............?????/?/?/?/?

I went with Mustang on my last bike. I loved it. I could ride for hours and still feel good at the end. Need to save up $$ for this bike.

Corbins are for the firm cushion crowd, work and quality is very good, especially among the sport riding crowd. Mustang is less expensive, more comfortable for the crusing and touring crowd with no "break in" required...

As for customer service and satisfaction both are reputable, though more good things have been heard from Mustang than Corbin as others have eluded to. Go with your seat of pants feel by going to shows and events featuring both BEFORE you buy. HD dealer usually has Mustang or LePara seats, in their inventory or on used bikes often, the Corbin seats not so much (since they are a special order item only).

I had a corbin on my FJR and didn't really care for it. Very hard seat. Had a Mustang wide vintage on my springer and have a Mustang narrow vintage on my wide glide now and love it. Most Mustangs also come in various configurations with either passanger and rider backrests. I know if you get the seat from Mustang you can try it for a month. If you don't like it send it back.

Back