free website stats program Mustang Seats | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mustang Seats

Haven't heard from ya lately Mavagrand, How's the seat goin? Ain't it wonderful......necessity is the Mother of Invention, ain't it? A place ta hide yer pistol other than the standard "right hand boot, right hand side" , be careful with that thing, make sure nothing'll touch it off accidentally............

Hey bill, it's been a bit, got busy with Thanxgiving. Life tends to get in the way sometimes. :). The seat is still at the saddle shop, the guy told me it would take 4-6 weeks (he's one of those good ol' boys that just don't get rushed about anything) I spoke with him just before Thanxgiving, he said he hoped to have it ready sometime this week. I've given him a lot of latitude and told him to do whatever he thinks will look nice (given some parameters (no conchos!!) so he has to wait for "inspiration" hehe. Anyway, rest assured once I get it I will post pix...hope it works out good..be kinda nice to slide one by the MoCo...LOL UPdate on pistol: He did tell me he couldn't make the pocket large enough for me to carry my usual back up (9mm S&W 6906) so I will probably be buying a small .380 in the future. Ride Safe.

Alright, here are pictures of the seat. Turns out the guy wasn't able to incorporate the pocket into the seat. What he did was sew a piece of leather to the back of the seat..might not look as good as a Mustang seat but I got 100.00 in this seat. What do you guys think??

Attachments

• MCRSide.jpg
    MCRSide.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 41
  • MCLSide.jpg
    MCLSide.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 39
  • MCFront.jpg
    MCFront.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 36
  • SeatCloseUp2.jpg
    SeatCloseUp2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 39
  • SeatCloseUp.jpg
    SeatCloseUp.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 39
Just added the mustang vintage solo seat to my 2007 FLSTC, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I do know that it moved me back a few inches and sits a bit higher than the 2 up sea that was on it when I got my bike. I hope it is comfortable.

Mavagrand, looks like he did a nice job finishing the back for ya, without the passenger pad it looks like there's more padding in the saddle. the fender bib or maybe some of those hottoppers to cover the bolts should finish it off. Merry Christmas!!

Marvgrand, looks really good, for a $100 it looks great! Besides the fact, ya used yer ol RK seat. It's guys like you that aren't afraid to try something that come up with unique ideas. Ya know the word "Chopper" came from guys back in the 50"s chopping off the rear fender on their Harley's, Harley had a hinge on the fender to accomodate taking the rear wheel off, guys thought it was ugly and would cut the fender off behind the hinge and remount the light, that's the stuff that kinda started the Customization of the American Motorcycle and it was guys in there garage doing things themselves because they didn't have the money or had some old parts layin around and could modify em enough to fit the bike they wanted ta ride. Keep thinkn man, looks good!

Tom, Bill, thanx for the compliments. I gotta admit, I enjoyed doing this and, in a weird way, it makes me feel like I still have a little something of my RoadKing with me..I really liked that bike and miss her. When I get the bolts covered, I will post more pix. Merry Christmas to all.

Back