free website stats program Mustang Seats | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mustang Seats

Nice write up WW1FlyingAce...that comparison matrix was great. I must say that when I was looking at seats it was a roll of the dice with plenty of trial and error mixed in over a great many bikes. Comfort mods are very subjective and highly personal choice...again, thanks for sharing. :small3d018:

The Mustang Seats are Great, Well worth the Money, I had them on 2 previous Bikes and Loved them. I am looking at one now for My Softail.

I have had my Mustang Solo Seat and Passenger Seat for 10 years now and 80,000 miles later it is time to replace it. Starting to tear at the base. Will buy another one.:)

Agree...I replaced my 05 Sportster stock seat with the Mustang Fastback & it was like night & day. Mustang had a larger seat pan, better lower back support & softer/more cushion. Just bought my new 09 SG & plan to switch soon...:small3d018:

I put a Mustang Wide touring seat on my Sporty, could actually ride all day and still walk. I'm not having any problems with the stock seat on my 09 UC, when I do it will be replaced with a Mustang seat

Having never owned a Mustang I can't voice an opnion on em but.......
I have had two Corbins and would agree that they are Hard and take awhile to "Break in" but so does a new leather recliner. The reason the Corbin is hard is so that the pressure points don't develop when your sitting for hours on end.
I would submit, that on "soft" seats, after about 3 hours you start feeling spots on your behind that Hurt, so you start moving around in the saddle trying to get off em and then where ya moved starts hurting, pretty soon, it don't matter where ya move.......it hurts, not very long after that you gotta get off the bike, period.
While the same is true for "hard" saddles, the difference is that they seem to spread out the weight and take a lot longer to develop the pressure points and once you've given your seat a little rest you can get back on for another hour or 2 without going into the "hurt" stage.
Mike Corbin put it this way......."There's a reason them old Cowboys and saddle tramps didn't have pillows under their a(self edit)s back 100 years ago!"
And lastly, please check the Iron B_tt Assosiation registry, mainly the 11,000 mile marithon. Several years ago, around 02, the 10 or so riders, that participated, were given a new saddle at the first 5 stops, they had to use it for 1,000 miles and at the 6th stop they got to choose any of the saddels they had use to finish the marithon, 9 out of the 10 chose the Corbin, these guys are riding 1,000 miles a day for eleven days on every kinda bike ya can think of. If they liked the Corbin over all of the others, and, I honestly don't remember weither Mustang was in there or not, that's sayn a lot. Corbin for me!

I have to say there is some good advise all around on this thread. I never liked corbin because sitting on them, my first inpression is how hard they are and then think sitting on this for hours is gonna kill me, but Bill, I have to say you made a good point about the long haul. I just got my 09 SG in August and just clocked over 4K this weekend on the stock seat, I wonder how many more miles I would have if I had a better seat. (lol) :D

My .02. The stock seat on my 06RKC was not comfortable, I bought a Sundowner and rode it for many happy miles. However, the stock seat on my 08 EGC has been great. It is comfortable for both me and my wife (have over 17k ont he bike), we finished an 2000 mile trip in August with no complaints. The quality is good too, IMO. I might not be as "fussy" as some guys, but the stitching is straight and holding, the leather is mainitaining its shape and color..what else is there? ride safe.

Back