free website stats program Mustang Seat for FXSTC | Harley Davidson Forums

Mustang Seat for FXSTC

robermv32

Having put 20,000 miles on my 2008 Softail Custom I'm beginning to "feel" the need for a more comfortable seat. I was wondering if anyone else has mounted a Mustang seat on a Softail Custom. If so, how is the rear of the seat mounted on the bike ? Does it connect to the sissy bar like the stock one, or is it done in a different way ?

Having put 20,000 miles on my 2008 Softail Custom I'm beginning to "feel" the need for a more comfortable seat. I was wondering if anyone else has mounted a Mustang seat on a Softail Custom. If so, how is the rear of the seat mounted on the bike ? Does it connect to the sissy bar like the stock one, or is it done in a different way ?

It does not connect to the sissy bar, nor does the mustang sissy bar pad clamps fit on the sissy bar.

The adapter in the photos is made from 1/4" aluminum plate to utilize the original mounting holes in the sissy bar and the threaded holes in the pad.
The two piece seat set up is necessary to use the hold on passenger strap.
The mustang parts I used are

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Attachments

• IMG_0773 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0773 (Medium).JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0782 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0782 (Medium).JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0779 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0779 (Medium).JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0787 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0787 (Medium).JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 21
Man, thanks for that reply. I'm certain that your background helped you fabricate the necessary parts to make this work. Me on the other hand, have trouble driving a screw unless I put it in a car...I'm not mechanically inclined in any stretch of the imagination. The seat I'm looking at is the Mustang 76048. The seller says it will fit the original mounting on the 2008 FXSTC. I don't know for sure and at $379.00 I hate to take a chance.

Just an update here. I went ahead and purchased the Mustang seat. It dropped right in with the single screw on the fender. I've ridden about 400 miles on it and am most pleased. The wider seat and back rest are just what I was hoping for. I've ordered HD part 51642-06 backrest pad to complete the project. Next up....1700 miles to Sturgis...

Back