free website stats program must of had too much time | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

must of had too much time

Dr. Evil I don't bluff. My FL and my Buell are the last Harleys that I will buy. I don't buy over priced T shirts and I don't buy Harley parts unless I have to or it is recommended to use OEM. Trev Deeley has the rights to all Harley parts improted into Canada and it is not uncommon to pay 40% over US prices. I live about an hour and a half from the Michigan bordor and have US adresses available to me for shipping.
kemo

I am sorry to hear about your situation in Canada. I would be frustrated as well. Is the price fixing as bad with other import scoots? Sometimes you have to step back and face the facts that you have limmited control over some things, and that is just the way it is. This may not be a fair compairison but in the US we pay a lot mor for perscription drugs than Canada and thats the way it is. If you want blue jeans in the Czech Republic, you will pay 3 times as much, Cigarettes in the US you pay 3 times as much. You see my point.

I had to do some homework. I had no idea you have a single distributor for all of Canada (Deeley H-D). I am cetain that they pay Harley in U.S. dollars. There must be a difference in Canada MSRP and US MSRP. When your dollar is even up, you should be able to see how much Deeley is stuffing in their pocket for being the exclusive middle man.

Good for you Kemo, shame on The MOCO, bad dog no treats for them:s

I am like Steve, I buy my bikes in the US. I also spend my winters in the south so I stock up on oil filters and tires and what ever else I think that I might need through out the year. I don't really care if I had a dealer close by, because I don't really support him or Deeley. I think that Deeleys got the Harley licensing back in the 50's.

I hate Deely for the way the treat Canadian's and was hoping the Free Trade deal would change things. It's a total rip off that Fred Deely helped out Harley when they were having troubles and now his family will all be very rich for the rest of time. I ride a American model and buy only the things I have to from Harley Canada. Everything else is after market. I compare prices and have found some parts twice what they cost in the U.S. Why. Greed. That's the fact.

Sounds like the Canadian brothers are getting hosed. Sounds like to me you guys should boycott and get some of us to help out. Unless shipping is a wash.

The shipping isn't too bad to Canada but if shipped by UPS or other private carriers the brokerage fees will kill you. If you ever shop on eBay you will notice that the Canadian shipping charges are gouging us. I use a place in Port Huron called Bluewater Shipping Depot. I use their address and they will email me when my goodies arrive. A package less then 50lbs is $5.00. I recommend that if you are near a border city check into one of these recieving places and save yourself some cash. I also read that Deeley is cancelling warranties on import bikes.
kemo

The Canadian dollar is trading at $1.003. That means I should be buying a truck load of money, wish that I could. I wonder how high the dollar will go today.
kemo

Back