free website stats program must of had too much time | Harley Davidson Forums

must of had too much time

kemo

R.I.P
I called Harley Davidson this morning and stated that I will not buy any more Harleys. She asked why and I told her that because they are going to build in India and she said that is for the India market, I then said that there is too much foreign content and she told me to call Deeley who is the Canadian importer for H/D. I told her that I don't deal with Deeley because of high royaltys, that I do most of my purchasing in the US. She then hung up on me.
Kemo

I called Harley Davidson this morning and stated that I will not buy any more Harleys. She asked why and I told her that because they are going to build in India and she said that is for the India market, I then said that there is too much foreign content and she told me to call Deeley who is the Canadian importer for H/D. I told her that I don't deal with Deeley because of high royaltys, that I do most of my purchasing in the US. She then hung up on me.
Kemo

Get out of town! She HUNG UP on you.. That's Funny.

Not knowing all the circumstances, I'm surprised you were hung up on. Doesn't sound very professional to me. Kudos to you for calling and voicing your opinion!

Kemo

I'd say, she called your bluff. :D

Just goes to show you what they think of the customers. Hope you got her name and call back again and ask for her boss.:D

Next time mention that you are a shareholder :D

Dr. Evil I don't bluff. My FL and my Buell are the last Harleys that I will buy. I don't buy over priced T shirts and I don't buy Harley parts unless I have to or it is recommended to use OEM. Trev Deeley has the rights to all Harley parts improted into Canada and it is not uncommon to pay 40% over US prices. I live about an hour and a half from the Michigan bordor and have US adresses available to me for shipping.
kemo

I agree with you Kemo, Deeley over charges us 40 to 60 percent over US prices and that shouldn't be with our dollar close to par. I also get stuff sent to a US address just across the line and pick it up from there. Sometimes I feel like telling the local dealers but I'm sure they would just say Deeley sets their prices and they can't do anything about it.

Not too long ago there was a member that replaced a pair of tensioners (with chains) at a dealership up in Canada and his bill was something like $1300. I could not believe it, so the guy uploaded the Original Invoice for all us to see. I looked up each and every part number. The dealership uplifted the parts 100% OVER MSRP. Plus nailed him for something like $70 for shop materials.

That's a disgrace doing that to a guy passing threw or anybody else for that matter. And I thought Canadians were supposed to be friendly.

That's a disgrace doing that to a guy passing threw or anybody else for that matter. And I thought Canadians were supposed to be friendly.

I have no idea who is pocketing all this dough but your right it is a disgrace. The other day I told a friend about what it costs to keep a Harley running in Canada and he said those extra fees go into the tax base. The taxes are heavy because medical benefits are covered in your taxes.. Who knows...I sure don't.

All I know is I pay Thousands each year for medical benefits so maybe it comes out in the wash..

Back