Music on my Limited

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Curveball, May 24, 2011.

1. Curveball

Curveball Banned

Hey People,

Pickin up my new Limited in 3 hours.
    I'm plannin on usin my i-phone for music.
    Anybody got any suggestions for mounting, wiring etc.?

Thanks I know I'll get some good ideas.

2. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

Plenty of options available. Ram mount will probably have something.
    RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.

I've taken to using a small MP3 player afixed tothe front of my inner fairing right above the gauges. I run a short cord to the "aux" input on the radio and can listen to music. I use double side sticky tape to mount the mp3 player. I only use it on long road trips so when I'm local, I remove the mp3 player and clean the tape off the dash..can't tell it was there.

3. 67wizard

67wizard Junior Member

1+ on the ram mounts. I use on for my XM Radio.

4. wareaglerider

wareaglerider New Member

I've used the Boom audio tank pouch to connect my iPhone with the Aux input on my Limited. Works great.

5. y2kflhr

y2kflhr Active Member

my droid phone on one side with a ram mount and aux cable, my xm unit on the other side, with a different aux cable

when I am using the gps on the phone, I use pandora, slacker or mp3's, otherwise I use the xm, I have two cables I just swap plugs into the radio

6. Slope

Slope Member

I'm using a droid2 with the car dock. The back of the car dock is the same size as the garmin gps. I bought a garmin bicyle handlebar mount for $8. Works like a charm!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

7. street glide pappy

street glide pappy New Member

I use a Ipod. I have put velco on the back of it and stuck it on the back side of the triple tree cover. when I had a factory radio ran wire to face plate. I have switch to a sony from biketronics never have to charge or turn on always ready can't see it. nice set up.