Mufflers

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by muleman, Jul 25, 2009.

1. muleman

muleman New Member

I bought a set of mufflers online, they are stock mufflers off of an 09 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic. I notice that you can see thru them, so I am sure that they are probably less restrictive that my stockers. I would like to put them on my 08 RoadKing, my only mod so far is a Stage One Air cleaner. The part numbers are 64769-09 and 64768-09. Any opinion on whether or not these mufflers are comparable to Screaming Eagle II slip-ons or would if they would work as well.

Thanks

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Screaming Eagle II slip-ons and stock mufflers off of an 09 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic are two different animals. The 09 Screaming Eagle have cats in the mufflers.

3. brother

brother Member

I thought the cat was in the head pipe where they hook together on the new bikes.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

You're right, I'm not thinking too clearly. I was thinking of the older ones when they were in the mufflers.

5. wing_rdr

wing_rdr New Member

I put the same mufflers on my 07 Ultra with V&H true duals. They work great. Engine breathes better, less heat and the noise level is just right for my riding ie. quiet.