Mufflers drilling. Help

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by McQueen1963, Jul 25, 2009.

1. McQueen1963

McQueen1963 Active Member

Hi . And Help.
    Finally, after waiting two months the dealer delivered to me the mufflers I asked for, Slip On HD Mufflers . Part Nr. 80375-00 for my 2005 Heritage Softail.The mufflers were installed by de dealer but I have no sound , no performance. I can not afford to get some other mufflers and I can not return that mufflers from the dealea . I have heard that I can drill or take out the bafflers. I have installed Screaming Eagle High flow air filter and the ECU has been recalibrated by the dealer . Do anyone know how I can remove the Baffle or to do the drilling. Would do this affect the engine?
    Thanks a lot

2. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Don't do it,it affects backpressure and scavenging too much,live with them till you can afford to buy what you want.JMO but drilled mufflers sound horrible as well,kind of like a thousand exhaust leaks

3. McQueen1963

Sorry but what is the meaning of scavenging and CMO?

STEVE 07
    i mean JMO. Whath do you think about Slip on Rush mufflers. Sorry for my English

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
  4. STEVE07

JMO is just my opinion
    Scavenging is the clearing of the exhaust fumes from the engine

5. McQueen1963

If I do not learn something new every day, it is a meaning that I have not lived. I have learnt from youThanks

6. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

I have the rush and I love the sound.

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

I am inclined to go with Sharpscuba on this...aftermarket Rush slipons are well received, just save your stockers (undrilled) in the event vehicle inspections come to your neighborhood near you. Just reinstall them like a good lawabiding citizen should, till you go home and decide to do a little sortie in the canyons. :D

8. STEVE07

I knew there would be something in the archives to explain it better to you,here it is Exhaust Facts - Harley Davidson Community

Also before you buy any more mufflers go to a cruise night and listen to the bike,ask questions no one will mind,you can get sound bytes here on the forum as well as u tube,but it is not the same as hearing a bike in person

9. McQueen1963

No way :I´m saving from now on in order to get the Rushs

STEVE07. In any language it is the same . You have to hear in person. In sapanish it is . "tienes que escucharlo en en persona" It is the
    same but longer

Sharpscuba.
    I will take your advice. Rush rules

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009