free website stats program Muffler's and my choices | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Muffler's and my choices

ok I am going to order the slip on 3'' muffler w/ 2'' baffle. Found them for $280.00 shipped to my house.

Has anybody installed them on a new FXDWG. My only concern is the heat shield above the muffler fitting; I see some posts say it will. Just confirming!!!!

Thanx

ok I am going to order the slip on 3'' muffler w/ 2'' baffle. Found them for $280.00 shipped to my house.

Has anybody installed them on a new FXDWG. My only concern is the heat shield above the muffler fitting; I see some posts say it will. Just confirming!!!!

Thanx

Your stock mufflers do not have heat shields or do they? The heat shields on the header pipes stay on, the NEW Rush mufflers will mot need heat shields

Thanx

That's a good price, mine were over $300, but that was some time ago.

My stock mufflers dont have a heat shield but right above the muffles I have a stock heat shield. They only cover a small portion of both mufflers where the mufflers connect. Want to make sure they will go back on ok- thanks

I have never seen heat shields over the muffler before...interesting!

My 2010 XL883 didn't have em' but the 2012 FXDC does. Probably because these factory lean engines run so hot. Someone's drunk GF did a face plant into her BF's mufflers at Sturgis, ruined her new dolphin tat, called an attorney and viola... we have muffler heat shields.

My 2010 XL883 didn't have em' but the 2012 FXDC does. Probably because these factory lean engines run so hot. Someone's drunk GF did a face plant into her BF's mufflers at Sturgis, ruined her new dolphin tat, called an attorney and viola... we have muffler heat shields.

The heat shields serve 2 purposes, cosmetic and heat retension in the mufflers, This can be good for the low pressure inside the mufflers for exhaust scavenging:s

The heat shields serve 2 purposes, cosmetic and heat retension in the mufflers, This can be good for the low pressure inside the mufflers for exhaust scavenging:s

It's obvious that I didn't know that. Are they designed specifically for the original mufflers only or should I leave them on with the Rush?

Back