free website stats program MPP micks first love | Harley Davidson Forums

MPP micks first love

MPPMICK

this is my first HD, started life as a '98 dyna convertible, i bought her when i was 20, i'm about to turn 30, been playing with her all this time, the cops just took my licence off me (as i was in negotiations to buy another girl, 2014 wide glide) so its time to remove some vital components for 6 months to avoid temptation.
stretched tank, one off dragon design, i picked the same bright red as holden are using, mikuni carby, vance n hines big radius pipes (detracted from performance drastically), lepera seat, progressive rear suspension, dropped the front suspension, more recently i replaced the speedo tacho with a digital one, forward controls, burleigh bars, hypercharger.
i am a big fan of evolution motors, by '98 they were making them pretty spot on, the twin cams that were coming out when i bought this were in (EDIT) my opinion, lots of dramas and the idea of sensors everywhere was a turn off to my old school mindset at the time, plus i couldnt afford a new bike back then.
the next project on this i am considering is putting a billet aluminium wide glide front end on her.
not quite sure how far to extend the rake by as i do like the way she handles currently, also this model came out with twin front disc brakes something else to take into consideration.
i used to ride 1000km in a day trips on her and i never had any alternate mode of transport, things changed, business, kid n mrs etc, now she only get ridden for love.

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• 08142009184.jpg
    08142009184.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 08142009187.jpg
    08142009187.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 08142009188.jpg
    08142009188.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice bike. Now, when you get your licence back, do your best not to loose it again. Walking is good for the health but riding is great for your sanity.

Back