free website stats program .MP3 or .cda | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

.MP3 or .cda

Might be how you burned it. Did you use folders? or just load them in? Any software used?

Another thing to watch out for is how you name the files, sometimes the filenames will mess up the radio, if it hits a name it doesn't like it may think it hit the end of the CD.

I didn't read all the post but the only software to use is ROXY. As a Computer Nerd I can tell you that whether you are creating a MP3 cd or just a standard 13-15 track CD this is the only Software to use. Windows has a decent burner and so does Window Media Player. ROXY is the way to go.

Roxy is good, I use iTunes' burner program, along with Windows basic program (which uses Media Player), have found no fault with either of these. Nero is also great, but overpriced in my mind.

Roxy is good, I use iTunes' burner program, along with Windows basic program (which uses Media Player), have found no fault with either of these. Nero is also great, but overpriced in my mind.
I've been using Nero for ever. Over priced :dknow I don't pay for software:bigsmiley20:

I've been using Nero for ever. Over priced :dknow I don't pay for software:bigsmiley20:

I used to do that, stopped now, especially since Windows has all that kind of stuff built into it, no need to purchase or "borrow" any other software package.

When most people first try burning a music CD to play on their bikes, they usually can only put 12-15 songs on a disk. The secret to getting it to record 100-150 songs on a disk is to record as a "Data" disk, not a "Music CD".

This change can be easily made in the software of your media player or burner software. It must be in the MP3 format as well.

I used itunes.. converted the music i wanted to put on a disc to mp3...slowed the burn rate to 16x...made 140 songs and plays perfectly...took a while and my itunes now has two copies of each song i converted so will have to clean that up...but beats the ipod cable to aux jack...good luck

Get an ipod, you won't regret it.
F.gif

I have burned many cd's using Windows media player or Nero software. If I try to burn an audio cd, the payer will not burn them in the .MP3 format and you lose the added capacity you are looking for. Create a DATA cd and the MP3 format results. My problem seems to stem from the brand of cd I bought the last time. I have used Memorex with good results. but the new ones I bought were Maxell. Sometimes they play and sometimes they skip and jump. This happens on my bike and the garage stereo. I do not have another stereo that plays .MP3's. One of these days, I will re-burn the cd's using a "better"? blank cd and hope it will fix the jumping. Hope this little anecdote helped.

Back