free website stats program .MP3 or .cda | Harley Davidson Forums

.MP3 or .cda

Ridge

Does any one else burn there own cd`s
I thought the Harman Kardon plays mp3 on a cd or do I have to burn them in a .cda format. any one know

Thanks Biglew
Great I got media player to make playable cd .
I was hoping to be able to put about 100 songs but only around 20 some are better than none I guess.

Ok I guess your saying I will be able to make disk with a lot more songs. That looks easy I will try thanks Biglew

You want to burn in MP3 format, I use Windows music player and have burned alot of discs with 110-120 songs with no prob. I usually put a blank cd in and let windows convert them to Mp3 and then you can save that playlist. Add to this list until you have about 100, burn to disc. Done

OK I did what Biglew said data cd and the Harman Kardon
read them even said the names of them I loaded 90 but did did not play them. So I`m still confused.

Bigmike do you mean windows media player I dont know what windows music player is thanks

Any more help would be very welcome.
Thanks Ridge

I tried this with mine, and it would only play about 1/3 of the songs on the disc. I've been having this problem from the beginning. Dealer says it's the discs. They even played a disc in some new bikes. It played in some, but not in others. It's frustrating, and I'm still trying to find a way to burn that works. Discs burned in CD format play fine; it's the mp3 format that is hit-or-miss.

I've updated the bike's software, tried Windows Media, Realaudio, and Roxio. All with the same results. Any other suggestions or advise?

I burned a disc using ITUNEs and have no problem with it. It has about 80 songs on it and my 09 SG plays it fine.:s

Dont have the harley radio but i do have a pioneer on my harley and one in work van that plays mp3's as smitty said some discs it doesnt like or skips tracks and other play everything .. the more the discs cost usually the better they play .. much as i hate to say it ya get what ya pay for

Some disk do not work well. And make sure your not using CDRW use CDR
rewrites do not work well in many players

I've been using Maxell CD-R discs, but maybe need to try something else. Funny thing is they play fine in my car's player, and play well on the bike if recorded in cd format. I did try a cleaning disc in the player, and immediately after cleaning the data CD disc played most of the songs while sitting in the garage. I guess the H-K player is just exceptionally picky about what it will play.

I have been using Memorex cdr disk. I have Harman Kardon
amp and cd player in the house good stuff cd`s play in the house but not on my bike. I guess I will try another brand of disk. I dont have or use I-tunes I have a lot of music on cd and lp`s I dont need to down load any music.
Thanks for all the help guys

Back