free website stats program MP3 mounting | Harley Davidson Forums

MP3 mounting

Im looking for mounting ideas for my mp3.Anyone found an mp3 mount they where happy with?Also the shortest cable Ive come across is 2 feet long.There are a couple in the J AND P but they all look like something you buy and then need to modify.

I went the cheap way and zip tied the belt portion of a carrying case for my Ipod Touch just to the left of the throttle/grip. Got a cable at Radio Shack and simply wound the extra around the handlebar. Two seconds to unclip the Ipod whenever I leave the bike anywhere. It may look "ghetto" but it's cheap, easy, and works great!

I got a chrome mount from Kuryakyn that clamps on the handlebar, but they also have one that will mount on the grip/control module. I've got a belt case for the mp3 that clips right on. The mount is also drilled so you can mount different types of electronic brackets to it. On the cable, I bought the shortest length at Radio Shack (~3 ft) and used zip ties to fold/shorten it.

Here is a thought, as to what my wife uses on her 09 EGC.

1- She puts her iPOD in a HD "glove-box" mounted on the instrument panel/windshield. :p
2- She uses a foot-long cable that came stock with her "Horizon" tread-mill. :D
3- And she can control the function/operation of the iPOD using her "I-Control Timex" watch she bought at Sears ($100), that uses blue-tooth technology to control the iPOD remotely! :s

Neat!

Im looking for mounting ideas for my mp3.Anyone found an mp3 mount they where happy with?Also the shortest cable Ive come across is 2 feet long.There are a couple in the J AND P but they all look like something you buy and then need to modify.

I went low budget too...used Kuryakin Universal Accessory Mount for $30 in chrome on sale at HD dealer...square plate has multiple slots for "belt loop" velcro strap mounting and make sure clamp will fit your 1 1/4" bar (I have Street Slammer w/ Integral Bar). Mounted GPS Universal Case and wrapped cord on back side multiple times before plugging into my added HD cigar/accessory plug connected to my Battery Tender pig tail (Note: the polarity needs to be reversed to make sure the shell is GND and center is +12V Hot, check w/DMM. :D

hi
here is what i came up with. it is a angle bracket from home depot with the end bent to fit its location and some velcro.
3$ and works for me

Attachments

• DSCF4546.jpg
    DSCF4546.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 134
I purchased a black plastic mount for my iPod. It snaps on the handlebars near the master cylinder so it blends in, it has a square loop that is open on the top and bottom so it can be mounted from the top or bottom, and it holds it nice and tight and accessible.

It cost me $8.95. Cheapest thing I could find and it works perfectly.

Back