Moving to Virginia from the UK

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by jezbo, Mar 29, 2011.

1. jezbo

jezbo Member

I'm moving to Virginia from the UK and bringing my Road King with me. Anyone got any tips for dealers, HOG Chapters etc, I wanna be riding loads?

2. ultra...good

ultra...good Banned

No tips for dealers and the such, but you are going to love the climate. The heat/humidity might take a bit to get used to, but makes for good riding. Welcome to the US!!!!

3. JBC2565

JBC2565 Junior Member

Big state Jezbo. What part of the state are you moving to?
    Don't want to recommend somebody in Winchester when you'll be in Richmond etc.

4. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

Be sure to spend some time in the Shenandoah Valley. Great riding and scenery.
    Actually that whole area where Va, West Va, Western MD and PA come together makes for some beautiful days on a bike :D

5. JBC2565

JBC2565 Junior Member

Right where I live TripleJ. Also not as much traffic compared to Metro DC.
    Appalachian Trail is 4 miles from my house and start of the Blue Ridge Pkwy is 20 minutes away. Ton of back roads to ride as well.

6. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

Then I bet you are familiar with the Little Sturgis Rally in Little Orleans? Mom and sister live at the top of the mountain right above the campgrounds where it is held. I am hoping to make it up there this year while its still going on. Will give you a holler and hook up for a ride if we do make it.

7. JBC2565

JBC2565 Junior Member

I hope you make it up TripleJ. Give me a shout. I like to ride Route 68 in Western MD. I think that is Apple mountain above campground.

8. jezbo

jezbo Member

You all sound so enthusiastic can't wait to get out there. I will be in Virginia Beach.

9. cromedome

cromedome Active Member

Good dealers in Orange,Winchester,and Stanton with HOG chapters,rides, and events, great rides in all directions, if you end up near Roanoke zip me a PM, HOG chapter here and in Lynchburg and dealers also. Welcome to Virginia....lots of history and things to see.

10. Duane53

Duane53 Active Member

Virginia is a fun place to ride. I have enjoyed it a lot.