free website stats program Moving the tag on a 09 Standard | Harley Davidson Forums

Moving the tag on a 09 Standard

I have an 09 Electra Glide Standard which comes with the license plate mounted under the tail light on the lower fender. I now have a removable tourpak and I want to move the tag up under the Tourpak like the Ultra's. My question is... Is there a kit for this? And can I change out the turn signal bar to the Ultra style?

I installed this on my 07 Road King, sinple installation, lowers the plate below the taillight, and it looks great!

Attachments

• 3164-1.jpg
    3164-1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 3164-2.jpg
    3164-2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 16
I've been looking thru the HD accessories, and don't see a nice lay down tag kit for your bike. I kinda like where it is low on the fender. What is the difference between your signal bar and an Ultra? I compared 2 pictures and can't see a difference.

My light bar has the tag light made into the bottom of the bar. I could manufacture a bar to put the license plate under the tourpak but there will be no light for the tag.

My light bar has the tag light made into the bottom of the bar. I could manufacture a bar to put the license plate under the tourpak but there will be no light for the tag.

You could tap into the tail light side of the brake light for the tag light JMO

You could change to the lens that most other Harleys use. I think they are the same shape as yours. These lens have the clear on top. It should shine enough where ever you mount the tag up high. Len's are cheap on ebay.

Back