free website stats program moving passenger backrest back | Harley Davidson Forums

moving passenger backrest back

Billbo

Hello all, I have a 2001 Heritage, my wife says her back rest pad sits too far forward -- is there a way to slide the sissy bar (and pad) back towards the rear of the bike - even a couple of inches might help?

Thanks
Bill

I dont think you can, the sideplates mount to the fender strut bolts.
And your passenger would be sitting way to far back if you could which would most likely be a safety concern.

I dont think you can, the sideplates mount to the fender strut bolts.
And your passenger would be sitting way to far back if you could which would most likely be a safety concern.
Thanks for the reply. I am not talking about hanging her off the back by 2-3 feet here. Just slide the sissy bar back about 2 inches. She would actually sit exactly where she sits now - on the seat in the same place as always, only the back rest would be back farther. I see the mounting bolts and that is why I ask - it looks like with a couple of drilled holes, one could move the sissy bar back depending on the hole locations. Just not sure and certainly dont want to mess things up

Bill

If you drilled some holes to move it further back it might not be quite as strong but if she's only leaning on it, might be strong enough.

Mustang has a series of setback sissy bar pads that will give you an inch,without modding,used or ebay might be cheaper.

Back