free website stats program Moving an alarm from one bike to another | Harley Davidson Forums

Moving an alarm from one bike to another

Is it easy to move an alarm system from one bike to another? I have a 2002 FLHT with the factory alarm/siren and would like to move it to a 2007 FLTRI. Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Hi Dave, and welcome to the HDTimeline forum. While others will weight in shortly, the factory alarm/siren difference between early version and new version iissue on compatibility to the button fob system verses the buttonless fob system (w/ auto arming and compatibility to new pager option). In the 2010 Parts and Accessory catalog is a chart that shows two distinct groups of part numbers, which explains what will cross or not. I think it would work, but I would check with the HD dealer to be sure as many dealers install the immobilizer portion of the factory alarm system as a matter of course on your newer bike, so all that would be required is plug and play to see if it would work.

Dave,
If you are taking about taking the "old siren and or pager" and moving it to the newer alarm--with the buttonless fob---it will work. Been there done it.
Capt. Jim

Thanks for the responses so far. I think what I mean is - switching the TSSM from the 2002 and replacing it with the TSM from the 2007. I don't think that the 2007 has a factory installed alarm. I am the 3rd owner and the 2nd owner did not know if there was an alarm system. He did not have any alarm fobs.

With my 2002 I have 2 alarm fobs that I am sure are matched up with the TSSM from the same bike. I just want to know if it is a simple swap or not.

I am hoping that it is.

Thanks,

Dave

Back