free website stats program move fairing mirrors up | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

move fairing mirrors up

I did the same thing. After I mounted the mirrors, I realized that they were two low. I redrilled them and use electrical tape on the inside of the faring to cover the holes. The tape is the same color as the faring and the holes are below the mirror mounts, so I'm the only one that knows its there. I didn't think of using plugs. I try to be carfull with the soap and water

Made the mistake of drilling hole wrong in fairring. Used the plastic epoxy and filled hole, make sure on the inner side you make it cover about the size of a quarter and when dry smooth face side. Carefully sand or file down. Easy to do and looks unnoticeable.

I've' always wondered if I was the only one!!! :D

I too used the template and they are too low. I've been using them as I didn't really know what else to do. They just sit at a funny angle.

The template seemed to be pretty 'dumb-proof' so I don't know why they ended up the way they did.

Made the mistake of drilling hole wrong in fairring. Used the plastic epoxy and filled hole, make sure on the inner side you make it cover about the size of a quarter and when dry smooth face side. Carefully sand or file down. Easy to do and looks unnoticeable.
plastic epoxy makes sense.

I read this post yesterday and thought of a solution while tinkering on my street glide. There are plugs that cover the holes not used for the passenger foot pegs, they are black and may be the size you need.

I did the same thing when I installed the mirrors. The problem I have with the template is there is a plus sign where you think you are to drill, but that is the wrong place. The right place is where the circle is at.

What I did to fix the holes was put electrical tape on the back side of the hole and then used black atv silicone in the holes from the front side. Works real well. Nobody knows it is there but me.

I think HD needs to redo the templates so there is only 1 place to drill, then there would not be any mix ups using the wrong one. I know I spent over an hour trying to decide which place to drill and I picked the wrong one. :newsmile08: OOPS :newsmile055:

Tim

Back