free website stats program move fairing mirrors up | Harley Davidson Forums

move fairing mirrors up

fabrozor

Hi,

I drilled holes in my fairing with the blue plastic guide provided with the fairing mirrors.
Once mirrors installed and configured, it appears the holes are verticaly too low.
I think to drill new holes above the old holes.
How do you recommand to fill the old holes so that doesn't look too ugly ?

Hello Fab id say at hardware store or eiectric store small plastic plugs varring sizes black color snap in. but mabe u have right on left & vise a versa. useing the template u should be ok .good luck...

Check at an auto parts store for trim plugs. Little plastic plugs with two to four ridges of saw teeth on them various sizes. Mostly used to hold trim pieces over metal. Like door sills and rear time in a SUV or hatch back car

@Mattman : thanks
@Troy : i don't anderstand what a backing plate is, and if it will mask the hole

@Troy : i don't anderstand what a backing plate is, and if it will mask the hole

Fab....since I ride a Road King, I'm not real familiar with your fairing setup. By backing plate I meant some material contoured to fit over the area you drilled, large enough to cover the old hole and area where the new hole is to be drilled....a plate/washer to go between the mirror and fairing.

Sorry if this idea is totally off base. Just trying to come up with a different idea to fix the problem.

Check at an auto parts store for trim plugs. Little plastic plugs with two to four ridges of saw teeth on them various sizes. Mostly used to hold trim pieces over metal. Like door sills and rear time in a SUV or hatch back car

Saw these at ACE Hardware as well. Back in the nuts and bolts section in one of those drawers on top of the bins.

Oops, my bad fabrozor didn't see you were in France. For those in the USA this applies

Last edited:
@ultrat : thank you.
@Butch : we also have in europe similar shops as ACE hardware. I could try to find something in a drawer on the top of a bin like you said. Thanks.

The plug is not a bad idea and some guy on ebay sells them for 9.95 US
but you could try this too,

Get some JB weld and duct tape and tape the back side of the hole, mix the 2 parts of the JB weld and add a little black dye with it to get the right color,
apply with a plastic speader like the ones used in body work,
be sure to clean off excess residue before it drys.

Back