free website stats program Mouse cams | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mouse cams

You saying .510" lift..... Use the 37 cams by andrews.

Another low lift cam, is the .509" used for low end torque.... SnS 509 cam...

Either MIGHT be what you are looking for.:D

signed....BUBBIE

After much debate and riding I am going to go with the Andrews 26H. I want a simple bolt in without any other engine mods to get a good improvement in TQ and HP and the RPM range fits my riding style.

The 26 is a decent cam but does not take advantage of the higher lift and flow the '07 and later heads offer. The 48 bolts in just like the 26; no other modifications necessary. You left TQ/HP in the garage.:bigsmiley6:

Of course, it is your ride so you do get to decide.:s But for future reference and others that may be following this thread; if trying to choose between the 48 and 26 cams as a CAM ONLY upgrade to a '07 or later motor and the goal is more performance in the low and through the mid range, the 48 wins hands down.:s

Ok Dolt you have my attention "You left TQ/HP in the garage" LOL. What does the curve look like? Pulls hard and strong from 2000-5000 rpm? I am usually in the 2000-3500 rpm range when I ride. The .548 lift isn't an issue? My tuner choices are the SE Pro Super Tuner or the Power Vision.

Ok Dolt you have my attention "You left TQ/HP in the garage" LOL. What does the curve look like? Pulls hard and strong from 2000-5000 rpm? I am usually in the 2000-3500 rpm range when I ride. The .548 lift isn't an issue? My tuner choices are the SE Pro Super Tuner or the Power Vision.

I refer you to my post #2 and #6; the .548" lift is not an issue. Both tuners are good; the Power Vision is better IMHO. Do you have a tach? If you are truly riding in the 2000-3500 rpm range, you need to learn to us the transmission more effectively. I would bet that you don't spend much time at 2000 rpms; anything below 2500 rpms is borderline lugging which the TC motor hates.

Check out the two dyno sheets which should answer your questions about the curve.:s

Attachments

• 96_26H_Bub TDs_SERT.jpg
    96_26H_Bub TDs_SERT.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 96inch48hcamsSEACstkheadpipeSEFatshotzv-tunedmt7_1.jpg
    96inch48hcamsSEACstkheadpipeSEFatshotzv-tunedmt7_1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 9
Dolt has been great to work with for my performance questions and when all was said and done, the numbers he quoted were spot on. The performance shop where I got my bike dyno'd also agreed with all the suggestions made and would do almost everything the same to get the same numbers I ended up getting.
Do what I did and listen to him and get a second opinion if you want to verify.

Dolt after even MORE research and your input. I will be going to the 48's. I really would like to see 83/HP and 93/TQ our of my 07 wideglide's 96 cui with just a cam change. That torque curve is what I want! I know not the same numbers.

Dolt after even MORE research and your input. I will be going to the 48's. I really would like to see 83/HP and 93/TQ our of my 07 wideglide's 96 cui with just a cam change. That torque curve is what I want! I know not the same numbers.

If your tuner is any good, I would not be surprised to see very similar numbers from your motor with the 48s. I would not have been satisfied with the AFR chart shown in the 48 dyno; a bit too lean between idle and which shouldn't have had much impact on the torque curve.

Remember that a dyno chart is a picture of what the motor is doing at WOT. When you do get around to tuning, make sure your tuner does some partial throttle checks to see that the AFR is good at partial throttle as well as WOT. Most good tuners will do that first before WOT pulls.:s

Dolt,
Another question, how much better would the 48's with some head porting?

The 48s are, IMHO, the best cam for a "cam only" upgrade in a 96" motor. Once you open the door to head porting and machining for compression, equalizing chamber volume, larger valves, springs to accommodate higher lift, etc., the 48 gives way to many other cams. Furthermore, once you pull the heads, you are only $300 away from increasing displacement to 107".

Pulling the heads is a game changer when it comes to building one of these motors as you are at a point where it now makes sense to go all in. How much money do you want to spend and what is the end game?:s

I ask because I have seen the Big Boyz Head Porting Site and was wondering if it was worth the added expense?

Big Boyz Head Porting Job
$299.00 ....Head Porting (inc perf Valve Job)

1) Send in your heads completely assembled
2) Heads are disassembled and checked
3) Heads receive a FULL port job (reshape and texture both intake and exhaust ports)
4) Combustion chamber surface is refinished (carbon, factory powder coat and rough surface is removed)
5) Heads are cleaned and receive a Performance Valve Job
6) Heads are cleaned again and assembled
7) You receive your heads back fully assembled and ready to bolt on your engine

Back