free website stats program Mouse cams | Harley Davidson Forums

Mouse cams

spdrcr

I have been looking into making a cam upgrade. A bolt-in with a max of .510 lift, aka "mouse cam". I have a 2007 Wideglide 96 cui, with SE A/C and V&H slip-on's...pretty standard for a Stage 1. As for a tuner, I like the Dobeck EJK Gen 3. I know this set up will give me 100 HP and TQ. That is not what I am expecting or looking for.

I have 3 cams in mind:
Andrews 37
SE 204
S&S 510

I have been looking into making a cam upgrade. A bolt-in with a max of .510 lift, aka "mouse cam". I have a 2007 Wideglide 96 cui, with SE A/C and V&H slip-on's...pretty standard for a Stage 1. As for a tuner, I like the Dobeck EJK Gen 3. I know this set up will give me 100 HP and TQ. That is not what I am expecting or looking for.

I have 3 cams in mind:
Andrews 37
SE 204
S&S 510

All the cams you listed need more than stock compression to shine. The Andrews 48 is a great fit for a cam only upgrade to a Stage I 96" motor.:s

With a good tune, that cam in your configuration should hit about low 90s TQ and low 80s HP. You might not be able to tune to those numbers with the Dobeck tuner though; might take a Powervision or TTS and dyno time.:D

All the cams you listed need more than stock compression to shine. The Andrews 48 is a great fit for a cam only upgrade to a Stage I 96" motor.:s

With a good tune, that cam in your configuration should hit about low 90s TQ and low 80s HP. You might not be able to tune to those numbers with the Dobeck tuner though; might take a Powervision or TTS and dyno time.:D

PS

I have seen that cam with same configuration as yours hit 100TQ/90HP but the tuning was done with TTS and the pull was in 6th gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
OOPS!
That should have read I know this set up will "NOT" get me 100 TQ an HP.

Thanks dolt. the 90's and 80's would be a nice increase for the money that it would cost.

Hey spdrcr, I have the se 204 "mouse cams' in my 13 heritage and absolutely love them. The bike is a lot more fun to ride and I am only running the gen 3. Don't care about peak hp numbers or tq. Never been dynode and really like the way it rides.

Thanks coopernicus! As far as dyno numbers I don't care either. It's the seat of the pants that I want to feel. LOL.

"seat of the pants" = "butt dyno" and both will register more with the Andrews 48. The '07 up heads flow better than the early heads, beehive springs will accommodate higher lift, so take advantage of what the Andrews 48 offers over the more "mousy" cams. By far the best cam only upgrade for a Stage 1 96" motor; trust me, you will love that cam.
WAP.gif

"seat of the pants" = "butt dyno" and both will register more with the Andrews 48. The '07 up heads flow better than the early heads, beehive springs will accommodate higher lift, so take advantage of what the Andrews 48 offers over the more "mousy" cams. By far the best cam only upgrade for a Stage 1 96" motor; trust me, you will love that cam.
WAP.gif

Hey dolt you are not making this any easier! LOL

Disagree! I think Dolt is making this very easy for you :rofl

After much debate and riding I am going to go with the Andrews 26H. I want a simple bolt in without any other engine mods to get a good improvement in TQ and HP and the RPM range fits my riding style.

I think you will be very very happy with the 26h cams. I have the 21s. KN air filter. Bumped the carb jet one size and run VH true duals. Its perfect for performance and reliability.

Back