free website stats program mounting tri-glide | Harley Davidson Forums

mounting tri-glide

cidl

first couple times i climbed on was by throwing my leg through seat while standing on the ground.:small3d023:about my third mount i decided this was just rubbish and figured there had to be a better way (i'm 5' 4"). what i came up w/ now is stepping on the foot board and throwing my leg over. much easier on my old bod. my ole man mounts the same way, and finds it more comfortable than the conventional way. hope this serves other trike riders.:s

Last edited by a moderator:
I've actually seen some vertically challenged riders mount their 2 wheeler this way! The floorboards and jiffy stand have no problem supporting the extra weight.

Somebody on Youtube has a video on mounting a trike using the passenger floor board. I'll see if I can find the link.

Yup... my back tells me to get on from the wrong side (I always did anyway) and step up with the right foot on the board first, pull and balance with the bars while swinging the left leg on over to the passenger board... then plop down and assume riding position. :newsmile030:

There are many way to board a trike, if you have one with weight bearing gound effects you can use them. The use of the passenger floorboard is rough for me at 5'4" tall, yet a floorboard or footpeg works better. I find that standing on the ground and swinging my leg over the seat works well. I believe it is what works best for each of us. When I test a trike it depends on what it is and how I will board it. Wings are higher and so I stand on the foot peg and Harley trikes are lower and hence I stand on the ground.

Back