free website stats program mounting bike left or right | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

mounting bike left or right

I was actually given a government grant back in the earley 80's to study this phenomena, I found after 18 months of intensive study around the country at major drinking establishments that it was a gender thing, men generally mounted from the right (sorry Hobbit) and women generally mounted from the left.

I mount in similar fashion to Fabrozer cept from the front. I take a running start and plant my hands on the front fender and flip, approx half way through the flip I do a 180 twist so that I am facing the right way when my fanny hits the seat !:D

When I worked at the dealerships ( this is true) I have had to leap frog from the rear to get onto bikes because they were parked so close together in doors.

I always mount from the right, for the same reason as you rkrdr2. Except that I grab the brake and then throw my left leg over first. Also, with my size,(bout 230 lbs.) there is more room from the right, as the bars are turned to the left. No right or wrong way, I guess, just easier for me......

Thats why i do it my size im bigger yet at about 305 just easier for me .. now i make any one that rides behind me mount from the left side

Left only. For many reasons, but when I carry, I carry on my right side so bending to the left and swinging my right leg over the bike is more comfortable.

Left only. For many reasons, but when I carry, I carry on my right side so bending to the left and swinging my right leg over the bike is more comfortable.

HOG? Harley Owner's Group is all about corporate hd making more money! Join an MRO if ya really wanna support cycle people and our rights to ride!!! If MOCO really loved us, they'd build us a better motorcycle, not a cast crankshaft..... JOIN YOUR LOCAL A.B.A.T.E. CHAPTER!

@scottmanesis : i'll give a try to your technic when i'll go out from hospital. Nurses are kind to me but always do the stings in my left arm, i don't know why :s

I was actually given a government grant back in the earley 80's to study this phenomena, I found after 18 months of intensive study around the country at major drinking establishments that it was a gender thing, men generally mounted from the right (sorry Hobbit) and women generally mounted from the left.

I agree, men mount from the left as they kick the starters with the right leg and use the kick lever as a stirrup to mount the bike. Women just push a button so it doesnt matter which side they mount from.:s:D

Back