Mounting a Guardian Bell

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by cyborg, Dec 28, 2009.

1. cyborg

cyborg Active Member

I need a place to mount a Guardian Bell. I don’t have floorboards or engine guards/crash bars. On a 2009 Dyna there are 2 motor mount bolts in the front mount that go straight in to the mount, Would I ok mounting the Bell from the lower bolt?

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I hung mine off my crash bar with a leather strap

3. scionracer

scionracer Member

mounted mine on front fork, where the wheel bolt there is a little hole on opposite sid of nut work pretty well

4. Nuke99

Nuke99 Member

I mounted mine on the right forward wheel nut. A small set screw with a mounting ring is available for that purpose. Just get the right size screw to replace the existing one.

5. bonsi57

bonsi57 Active Member

I used a zip tie as a back up to the small, thin leather that came with the bell. Mounted it through a hole I found under the frame tube support.

6. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts Member

I've never understood the "guardian bell". According to the old guys, and I mean 80 year old ex Indian and HD riders, there was no guardian bell, nor was there anything to ward off road gremlens as it is told.

A bell was hung on a guys bike by his friends, to warn others that he had wrecked or dropped his motorcycle and to be aware.

2 bb

7. ProF

ProF Junior Member

Don't let it hang too low; I've had a couple of them shatter, either from stuff coming up from the road or dragging in a turn, don't know which. Right now, the one on there is only a half bell...it's like someone sliced it lengthwise in half. Looks ridiculous.

8. SkootchNC

SkootchNC Active Member

zip tie it onto the frame, works as well as anything

9. pops55

pops55 Active Member

Zip-Tied to the engine guard.

10. PaulWhite

PaulWhite Active Member

hung mine under the triple tree.