free website stats program Mounting a Guardian Bell | Harley Davidson Forums

Mounting a Guardian Bell

cyborg

I need a place to mount a Guardian Bell. I don’t have floorboards or engine guards/crash bars. On a 2009 Dyna there are 2 motor mount bolts in the front mount that go straight in to the mount, Would I ok mounting the Bell from the lower bolt?

mounted mine on front fork, where the wheel bolt there is a little hole on opposite sid of nut work pretty well

I mounted mine on the right forward wheel nut. A small set screw with a mounting ring is available for that purpose. Just get the right size screw to replace the existing one.

I used a zip tie as a back up to the small, thin leather that came with the bell. Mounted it through a hole I found under the frame tube support.

I've never understood the "guardian bell". According to the old guys, and I mean 80 year old ex Indian and HD riders, there was no guardian bell, nor was there anything to ward off road gremlens as it is told.

A bell was hung on a guys bike by his friends, to warn others that he had wrecked or dropped his motorcycle and to be aware.

2 bb

Don't let it hang too low; I've had a couple of them shatter, either from stuff coming up from the road or dragging in a turn, don't know which. Right now, the one on there is only a half bell...it's like someone sliced it lengthwise in half. Looks ridiculous.

Back