free website stats program Motorcycle Trailing System | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Trailing System

mydeluxe

I saw a video on an unusual way to tow a cycle on You Tube. It called the Undertaker Motorcycle Trailing System. The way it works is that it lifts the front tire off the ground and the back tire rolls as you tow the motorcycle down the road. What are your thoughts on it? Thanks MD.

Set ups like this have been around for years, i dont think I would trust one JMO:newsmile040:

If the bike I towed that way, was an old bike with a chain I could take off and a bike that I didn't LOVE like I do my Harleys (2) I might consider it.

NOW not knowing what You want to pull? ME,

I like a covered trailer when putting to tow and maybe I'm spoiled as I build my own trailers.
I have a single light weight covered trailer now /ramp door, that holds ONE bike as that is all I can ride at one time... locked and harley out of sight.

The dolly system or front off the ground, has been used for a long time, and some one or company re-invents it every once in a while.

I prefer to trailer Pack mine and in no way OPEN behind my rig.

I have made a few similar devices you mention here for a couple of customers years ago for their dirt bikes but never wanted to try one for mine..

To tow legal, you would have to have a light set-up and you would get lots of dirt let alone miles on bikes rear tire and saying nothing about the harleys don't lubricate properly in neutral being pulled that way. And what about the belt n bearings.

A poor way to haul a harley unless you can Ride on it while being towed, an Yell a Yahoo every now and than... Now that I Like!

Call me old fashioned and set in my ways.....

signed....BUBBIE

I've seen them for sale and I have the same concernes about rear tire, belt, lubrication and the strain on the neck bearings. It looks trick but your asking a lot out of the front end on 600 to 800 lbs of motorcycle.

If the bike I towed that way, was an old bike with a chain I could take off and a bike that I didn't LOVE like I do my Harleys (2) I might consider it.

NOW not knowing what You want to pull? ME,

I like a covered trailer when putting to tow and maybe I'm spoiled as I build my own trailers.
I have a single light weight covered trailer now /ramp door, that holds ONE bike as that is all I can ride at one time... locked and harley out of sight.

The dolly system or front off the ground, has been used for a long time, and some one or company re-invents it every once in a while.

I prefer to trailer Pack mine and in no way OPEN behind my rig.

I have made a few similar devices you mention here for a couple of customers years ago for their dirt bikes but never wanted to try one for mine..

To tow legal, you would have to have a light set-up and you would get lots of dirt let alone miles on bikes rear tire and saying nothing about the harleys don't lubricate properly in neutral being pulled that way. And what about the belt n bearings.

A poor way to haul a harley unless you can Ride on it while being towed, an Yell a Yahoo every now and than... Now that I Like!

Call me old fashioned and set in my ways.....

signed....BUBBIE

I say a big amen to that

I’m NOT thinking to use this Undertaker as my primary way to haul my HD. But in the event that you find yourself on the side of the road and need to get home this looks like a cost effective way to get back to the house unless I would like to sink about 2K in a trailer that sets in my yard all the time. Thx MD.

I’m NOT thinking to use this Undertaker as my primary way to haul my HD. But in the event that you find yourself on the side of the road and need to get home this looks like a cost effective way to get back to the house unless I would like to sink about 2K in a trailer that sets in my yard all the time. Thx MD.

Renting a regular trailer (open or enclosed) for that emergency may be a good option in the case of emergency trip home or to the shop. The cost would not be much, you wouldn't have to have the Undertaker sitting around your place, in the way, getting rusty, waiting for a time you may need to use it. And, if you needed to use a rented trailer, you wouldn't have all the worries listed in the other posts like belt, tire, lubrication etc.

Back