Motorcycle Trailer

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by barttoday, Feb 8, 2010.

1. barttoday

barttoday Active Member

Looking for a good trailer to tote both my bike and the wife's Vespa. Any reccomendations??

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

3. hoghunter

hoghunter Member

Hey Bart, I would go with a steel trailer. They are heavier but in our part of the country one hail storm will ruin one with alum. skin. I got one here in town from Youngs. May not of helped you but gives you something to consider.

Mike

4. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

I vote with Iceman. Featherlight makes a good trailer. You should consider adding the chocks inside the trailer. They make it much eaiser to secure a bike.

5. Drumrguy

Drumrguy Account Removed

I would look into the enclosed trailer that has an area with a tv, a shower outside and in front an area that pulls up and has a stove and microwave. I cannot remember the name of the company though, sorry. I seen them at a show a few weeks ago and they were really nice.

6. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Be patient. My husband found a nice enclosed trailer for less than half the retail value on Craigslist. They are out there if you have the time to wait it out.

I think it might be a Haulmark.

7. BOBFLHTC

BOBFLHTC Active Member

I've been using Craiglook: Craigslist Search for a while. It allows you to enter Zip and Price filters to narrow the search. Sort by Price Low to High for the cheapest of similiar items. Its much easier to use than Craigslist.org IMO.

8. threesteps

threesteps Junior Member

I've used Alumna open trailers and have always been very satisfied with them. I prefer them over Featherlite due to the lower cost for the Alumna. Like others have said, you can same some bucks if you find a used trailer.

9. barttoday

barttoday Active Member

Yeah, I don't want a 5000 + dollar trailer being trashed by a hail storm for sure. I'm just trying to find something to get the scoots out of the ice and snow and to friendlier roads, but I definitely want it to be around for a while.

10. 06rdking

06rdking Banned

I have a 21 ft doolittle enclosed trailer( 16.5ft box ) I gave 2750.00 its a 2004 model with tandam axels will haul 7000 pounds the insurence is 50.00 a year for full coverage. by the way it pulls very well, like its empty, I have it set up to haul 4 rd kings 0r 2 kings and 4 bunks for sleeping. I put a airconditioner off a camper on top for less than 300.00 TOTAL INVESTMENT 3100.00 BUT TAKING A RUN TO ANYWHERE FROM MISSOURI WITH EVERYTHING INSIDE = PRICELESS$$$$