free website stats program Motorcycle Timepiece | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Timepiece

Randall K. Wilson

I always wear gloves when I ride and the majority of the time long sleeves, shirt or jacket. Wearing these items can hinder seeing a wrist-watch. I'm the kind of person that would rather be an hour early than a minute late. Roadkings do not come with a clock, but now I have added one of those battery ones that mounts on the handlebars.

Anyway before that I made a leather holder for one of my old mechanical wind-up pocket watches. This holder is made in a way that you can snap it to your belt. Hence the watch will lay on top of your thigh in a manner that while sitting on your machine you can look down and see the accurate time.

In this image I have a 17 jewel Elgin size 16 which was made the year I was hatched...1952. I acutally got the idea of a watch holder from an old city bus driver. He had something on this order, and I remembered it from the days of my youth...When you could ride a city bus anywhere in Evansville IN for ten cents.:)
watch.jpg

Randy, where did you get a holder like this? I have bought many cheap ones that work well at work because I tear them up but never one I could ride with

Randy you done a beautiful job, it's a one of a kind work of art, too bad it's one of a kind cause I'm sure everyone would like to have one.

Very nice work. I perfer a pocket watch to a wrist watch. I seem to break the band on them. Now that I am retired or as my wife puts it retarted I don't have a watch. I set my phone to tell me when I have an appointment.

Nice work...are you an "old hippie" from back in the day....LOL :)

Naw, If I would have went the "hippie" route, I would have been the grass, and my Dad would have been the Lawnmower. Hence I shunned the very appearance of anything "hippie".

Oh, thanks for the compliment on my pocket watch rig. :)

Back