free website stats program motorcycle stand | Harley Davidson Forums

motorcycle stand

hdrocks

I am thinking about getting this for my sportster (and heavier bikes in the future) for the winter. Not too expensive and wide 13 1/4" square load-bearing surface. Just wondering if anyone has it and what they think of it.

GARAGE-PRO™ MOTORCYCLE/ATV HYDRAULIC LIF
Automotive items at Sears.com

I got one from Sears, sorta looks like the one pictured. Mine is red and has a removable T handle for moving around. I'm very happy with it. The E-Glide lives on it, because it's easy to manuver around and I can push bikes tight together. Got mine on sale for $60, it's a lot nicer than the Chinese made Harbor Freight one I paid $130 for 10 years ago.

That one from Sears looks like the one from Larin. I bought one 8 years ago for about
$90 and it has held up and worked very well. If you use a lift on a softail, be SURE and
get the frame protectors from HD. Otherwise the lift will put pressure on the shocks and could damage them. The frame protectors lower your frame rails just enough to clear the shocks. I paid $14 when I bought mine, don't know what they are now. You have to cut out a little material on the inside of the protectors for the crossmember, no big deal. And they are bright orange so you remember to remove them before going for a ride.........well, most of the time anyway!

That one from Sears looks like the one from Larin. I bought one 8 years ago for about
$90 and it has held up and worked very well. If you use a lift on a softail, be SURE and
get the frame protectors from HD. Otherwise the lift will put pressure on the shocks and could damage them. The frame protectors lower your frame rails just enough to clear the shocks. I paid $14 when I bought mine, don't know what they are now. You have to cut out a little material on the inside of the protectors for the crossmember, no big deal. And they are bright orange so you remember to remove them before going for a ride.........well, most of the time anyway!

Yessir, and not just the softy. I need them for my WG too. As for the lift, I bought the Larin model myself, $100 or so and it works great. My WG is lowered and the Sears lift wouldn't go down low enough, but the Larin did. Someday I'll get a table lift, but for now my lift will work fine.

My WG is lowered and the Sears lift wouldn't go down low enough, but the Larin did.

That's a problem with a lot of the lifts. My buddy tried three different ones before he found one that would fit under his Heritage. The Larin is one of the lowest out there.

below is a linkfor frame protectors an H D website.

Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

I used the Sears lift on my 2004 XLC1200 before I got my glide. The Sears lift is good but did not quite fit under the bike. I had to ride up on a 2x6 on the front wheel and had 2 more 2x6 short pieces for my feet to rest on. Then the lift would slide under the Sportster.

You might check your specs for ground clearance on your bike and the lift prior to purchase.

Back