free website stats program Motorcycle Shipping | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Shipping

I've always worried about uship since you will always get the low ball shipper. Having good insurance on your bike is key too. Make sure you can buy something from the shipper and also if your bike insurance will also cover damage during shipping. That way you are covered for deductibles and extras.

You dont have to go with the lowest bidder. You can retain the right to select any of the shippers that place a bid based on which one you feel most comfortable with. Traditionally most people select the lowest bidder for the cost savings but I have seen instances where people are willing to pay a higher price for a more experienced shipper with higher service ratings.

Hello!
Just this last February I had HaulBikes.com move my brand new 2011 Dyna. My first motorcycle in years . . . which by the way I love dearly! I had it moved from Granite State Harley Davidson in Lebanon, NH to Caliente Harley-Davidson in San Antonio, TX where I took a new job. They cost right around 600.00 for the whole the thing. No scratches, no dings - the only 'complaint' is that I should of been smart of enough to pull the battery and keep a charge on it myself. It was on the road for 30 days, and you'll have to fully charge it once it gets there. Its obvious when I think about it now, but Caliente was nice enough to put it on the full charger for a couple of hours while I waited.
My understanding is that the cheapest way to do this is from dealership to dealership, or perhaps in your case from dealership to base - if they can accept deliveries. I was not charged by Caliente to receive the bike . . they were very nice about it. I was happy with how the move was done, they keep in touch with you on each step of the way. Here is the contact info:

Chris
Daily Direct, LLC
HAULBIKES
Motorcycle Shipping Company: HaulBikes Motorcycle Transportation
1-888-428-5245

I was told these folks are the one of the companies that do the transports for the dealerships themselves.

Hope this helps . . .
Mark:)

Last edited:
I have used Keyboard frieght a few times to ship bikes across the U.S. and have always been satified with the care they took.My only problem with them is that if they say they will be at the destination by 9 am they usually show up at 2pm.

Ride it out there yourself, spend some time with your son and then fly home.
WAP.gif

Last year I bought a bike from Ebay and had to have it shipped. I checked out about half a dozen shippers and finally settled on Allied Van Lines bike shipping division. The experience was a good one. The hauler was on time and contacted me personally several times during the shipping process to keep me abreast of things. Bike was picked up on time from the seller and delivered on time to me. Check out the various shippers. Beware of the "bargain" shippers. Their window for pick up and for delivery is in the three to four week range. In short, this was an area where I found that the old saying applies; that is, you get what you pay for....Good luck

The best price quote I received was from Haul Bikes...it included door to door service, and $15,000 insurance coverage. I spoke with my guy at the dealer. He said they use Haul Bike also, and if I shipped it dealer to dealer, rather than door to door, he could save me time and $$$.
I may still end up riding the bike out then flying home, but I'm not sure if work is going to get in the way....plus, I already have a ride out there planned for later in the summer.
Thanks for all the good info!

Back