free website stats program Motorcycle Shipping | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Shipping

glider

Veteran Member
OK Everybody

Some of you must have at some point sold a bike to another person and wondered how to ship it ,who would you recommend to ship it?

Also what method of transaction would be best for the $$$ to change hands. Wire transfer or other?

Let's hear your opinions here.:hii

Also what method of transaction would be best for the $$$ to change hands. Wire transfer or other?

Do you have a PayPal account? Both buyer and seller would need an account. I'm not sure what cut they get for the transaction but it's likely cheaper than a wire transfer.

Pay Pal is expensive. They don't charge the buyer but the seller gets charged around 2.5% of the total. On a $15,000 bike that would be $325.

I recently sold my bike and was concerned about what type of payment to accept. The guy paid with a credit card convienence check and my bank made the funds available right away. I didn't have to wait the usual 3-5 days for the check to clear.

OK Everybody

Some of you must have at some point sold a bike to another person and wondered how to ship it ,who would you recommend to ship it?

I sent one via TST in a wooden crate made out of a pallet and some spruce lumber. I used old pallet wrap to cusion the bike and I tied it of with some crank straps. I shipped the bike to the TST warehouse and he picked it up there. That way TST took it off the truck with their for lift. I also used their service to ship it COD. It wnet very well.

I agree with Gary12850. On Uship.com I got some really good offers to ship my bike and the feedback on the shippers was detailed and very helpful. No cost to list, no obligation to ship and no additional cost if you do. Great site.

BigEd

Back