Motorcycle Riding Pants

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by wjsjr, Apr 23, 2013.

1. wjsjr

wjsjr Member

Need some help. I've enrolled in a Lee Parks Total Control riding class coming up in July. One of the rules is you cannot wear jeans. Jeans ARE my riding pants. So I need to get a pair of mesh motorcycle riding pants. Looking around the WEB, I see their prices all over the place. Can someone recommend a good brand? I know nothing about riding pants out side of Levi Strauss. I'm looking for a reasonable price in the under $150.00 range. My current riding jeans are 43w/44L. Any help to make my decision easier would be appreciated.

2. pjciii

pjciii Member

Motorcycle Helmets, Gear, Parts Accessories - Cycle Gear
    i will wear jeans around town but if i am on a road trip i wear the waterproof overpants with vents and shorts. i am alot more comfortable. i have a pair of the sedici and the BILT explorer mesh. they also have armour in thighs, hips and knees. take a look usually about 99 to 199 on sale
    patrick
    and good luck on the course

3. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I usually wear leather overpants on trips. They zip from hip to ankle, ez off/on.
    They are warm in winter, and in summer I wear shorts under them. For less than $100 I think they are a deal. The link also has textile mcy. pants.
    Mens Black Leather Motorcycle Overpants LP1000

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

It would be interesting to hear what their policy is on Draggin' Jeans. They're jeans but they have Kevlar reinforcement in the critical impact areas. I wear a pair of these 90% of the time I ride.

6. wjsjr

wjsjr Member

The policy allows kevlar reinforced Jeans.

7. Lawdog314

Lawdog314 Active Member

Carharts maybe? Tough as a bag of hammers...

8. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Draggin' Jeans are well within your budget!

9. wjsjr

wjsjr Member

Thanks for all the advice/help !

I'm giving Draggin Jeans a try. Ordered a pair the other day. I'll post how they work out. Oh...think I spent $136 including shipping..