free website stats program Motorcycle rear ended | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle rear ended

WOW.....I gess thats why we should always look behind you when slowing and look for a out..In this case breakdown laine....Boy he got hit hard..Frunt of the car came up..The person in the cage must have been doing something other than driveing..

Maybe the police should do a few "safty checks" on cage drivers and less singling out motorcycle riders for license and insurance.

rear-ended on the free-way

Just saw on CNN a Iraq Vet was on a freeway near Dallas (i think) anyway he slowed down due to traffic slowing in front of him BUT the guy behind him didn't slow down & crashed into him. He was ok except for road rash.(all caught on camera)
Good advice from others to constantly keep track of whats going on around you. All-the-time.

Last edited by a moderator:
In situation like this you always want to have a escape route even if that means splitting lanes. Thats why proficient use of mirrors is imperative.

From my opinion if you notice the rear wheel of bike skidding he was unaware of how quickly the vehicles ahead were stopping. He tried to stop as fast as possible but we all know that a bike can stop much faster than a car so unfortunately the car ran out of room. If pacing himself and aware, as traffic was slowing he would have opened up enough cushion that traffic probably would have slowed and accident avoided. If not then he would have had time to run up the side of front car and he would avoided being hit. If car did not rear end him with only using the rear brake he probably would have hit car ahead any way. Defense is your best offense...

Re: rear-ended on the free-way

Just saw on CNN a Iraq Vet was on a freeway near Dallas (i think) anyway he slowed down due to traffic slowing in front of him BUT the guy behind him didn't slow down & crashed into him. He was ok except for road rash.(all caught on camera)
Good advice from others to constantly keep track of whats going on around you. All-the-time.

Well he wasn't exactly alright he lose his spleen but he's back at work. The driver of the car had no insurance nor license.

Re: rear-ended on the free-way

Well he wasn't exactly alright he lose his spleen but he's back at work. The driver of the car had no insurance nor license.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the driver of the car that hit the bike wasn't texting. Hope they hang him/her out to dry.

In situation like this you always want to have a escape route even if that means splitting lanes. Thats why proficient use of mirrors is imperative.

From my opinion if you notice the rear wheel of bike skidding he was unaware of how quickly the vehicles ahead were stopping. He tried to stop as fast as possible but we all know that a bike can stop much faster than a car so unfortunately the car ran out of room. If pacing himself and aware, as traffic was slowing he would have opened up enough cushion that traffic probably would have slowed and accident avoided. If not then he would have had time to run up the side of front car and he would avoided being hit. If car did not rear end him with only using the rear brake he probably would have hit car ahead any way. Defense is your best offense...

You have a good eye..I went back and looked and saw the smoke coming off the bikes rear tire..Good post

You have a good eye..I went back and looked and saw the smoke coming off the bikes rear tire..Good post

If you notice the cars speed that hit the bike, it is constant with the other cars in the other lanes of traffic, I don't think the car even applied the brakes right up to impact, despite the fact that it also looks like a puff of smoke from the right rear of the car.

Back