free website stats program Motorcycle Mechanics Institute Harley Davidson Program | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Mechanics Institute Harley Davidson Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bet that Randell would have a different point of view if it was him that had to wipe the remains of his friends brains off his face. I don't think that he would call it welfare if it was his body the juice was eating away. I wonder if it would be charity if it was his body that recieved the medical attention for the cancer,heart disease,diabeties,
or what would he call it if it was his child that had problems related to the orange.
Thank you Vac,thank all that have served. As an old soldier who reguardless of my pains is still proud to have served I pray that those that have not will learn to appriciate what they take for granite! Our hero's fall so that our country will not.
Do what you must Vac and know that there are those of us that wish you well in all that you do! God Bless you...God Bless America and the men and women that keep us free!

Thanks Tank.

I felt it would would get a point across to someone that posts as Randall did by leaving the post open to see that he is indeed in the minority when it comes to our service members and vets.

Glider,
Give me a 1 time "Get out of Jail Pass" and I will get the Point across Real Quick.

Have a good friend who took the course in Phoenix He is now the head Tech at Harley of Duluth Mn. take the course and I am proud u have served and want to continue your education

Good luck with your MMI course and fulfilling your dream.

One thing lots of folks don't know is we VETS paid in to the Post 911 GI bill fund. We gave $$ every month for the first year of our enlistment and have PAID for our entitlement, not handout.

Thanks for your service. Best of luck.

Wow...I'm truly overwhelmed and thankfull that we have such a great bunch of people on this forum....unfortunately there will always be the Mr Wilson's of the world and bask in their freedoms that have been paid with a very heavy price.

I often wonder how people with his mindset can look at themselves in the mirror every morning, thinking that just because they were born here it is their inherent right to enjoy our freedoms yet show disdain for those of us who defended it.....think it is a case of a lesser son of a greater sire (his dad)....

I have a ways to go before I can even think of attending UTI.....the new GI Bill is not allowing technical trade schools in as of yet. I've contacted everybody and everybody I can think of regarding this....it's supposed to be "in the works" and is being pursued by the up and coming IAVA (Iraq Afghanistan Veterans of America) which is rapidly becoming a force to be reckoned with...

The waiting list for UTI is about 6-months for the Harley Davidson program...so I have time to plan, research, and get a feel for the program from reading online.

I'm excited....I've been reading as much as I can online and using our library's book-exchange program to get spun up on the various models and characteristics, still have much to learn, but I have time....that I do have.

One thing lots of folks don't know is we VETS paid in to the Post 911 GI bill fund. We gave $$ every month for the first year of our enlistment and have PAID for our entitlement, not handout.

This is true of the original GI Bill....this new Post 9/11 GI Bill is an entirely different animal and is not built upon the premis of a "pay-in" period but by service after 9/11/01 and is prorated....so if you served the required 36-months after 9/11, you are at the 100% benefit rate...and there is other criteria....as with anything from the Government and the VA nothing is simple and easy.

Veteran's now have to choose between which GI Bill they wish to utilize....once you make the decision to get the new GI Bill, it is irrevocable and permanent.

Supposedly, if you paid into the former GI Bill and switch over, you will receive either a full or partial prorated refund of the $1200 buy-in for the original program.

Last edited by a moderator:
VACharvel,

If you are 30% disabled, you qualify for VA Vocational Rehabitation. I would check into this if I were you. Voc Rehab folks will plot your educational chart to meet your wants/needs. Not only will they pay all tuition, they'll pay for all school supplies (including a laptop) if you need one. They are great people, I dealt with them alot as a First Sergeant in the USAF.

B1

Wow...I'm truly overwhelmed and thankfull that we have such a great bunch of people on this forum....unfortunately there will always be the Mr Wilson's of the world and bask in their freedoms that have been paid with a very heavy price.

I often wonder how people with his mindset can look at themselves in the mirror every morning, thinking that just because they were born here it is their inherent right to enjoy our freedoms yet show disdain for those of us who defended it.....think it is a case of a lesser son of a greater sire (his dad)....

I have a ways to go before I can even think of attending UTI.....the new GI Bill is not allowing technical trade schools in as of yet. I've contacted everybody and everybody I can think of regarding this....it's supposed to be "in the works" and is being pursued by the up and coming IAVA (Iraq Afghanistan Veterans of America) which is rapidly becoming a force to be reckoned with...

The waiting list for UTI is about 6-months for the Harley Davidson program...so I have time to plan, research, and get a feel for the program from reading online.

I'm excited....I've been reading as much as I can online and using our library's book-exchange program to get spun up on the various models and characteristics, still have much to learn, but I have time....that I do have.

Wow, 6 month waiting period. Must be a Great course.

VACharvel,

Thank you for your many years of service to our country. I wish you the best and hope that you can soon attend the MMI school and I look forward to seeing that first custom on the cover of "American Iron" in the future. Best Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back