free website stats program Motorcycle Mechanics Institute Harley Davidson Program | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Mechanics Institute Harley Davidson Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure his father would be proud to see his son trash talk his brothers in arms who protect his right to have such a reckless opinion of what a man who is willing to give his life for others is due. I was priveledged enough to fight along side the finest MEN i have ever known in my life. Brothers from another mother...closer to me than my own kin. Thank you for your service...when you get your shop up and running drop us a line and I will bring the beer.
Red:cheers

VACharvel,

While I have never served in our Armed Forces, that does not diminish my respect for all of those who have and continue to do so today. I cannot express my graditude enough for all of you defending the freedoms that so many take for granted each day. Take advantage of as many programs as you can. I know you've earned each and every one! :small3d018:

My thoughts exactly. Asthma prevented me from joining the armed forces in 1969 while I was in college. I tried again in 1976 after finishing law school but asthma again prevented my service. It is one of the biggest regrets of my life that I was unable to serve and I have nothing but the greatest respect for those who did. Any benefit they receive is small in comparison to the sacrifices they made in serving their country.

Well.......Mr. Wilson confirms the old adage that you've "never seen (in this case read) it all." I'm sure if Mr. Wilson had been offered more pay, more benefits, etc. in the work he has performed he would have turned it all down.

From my experience, far and away the majority of veterans are a proud group. They aren't looking for handouts. They value their service. They certainly have no reason to be shamed for using earned benefits These benefits help them better themselves and often help them become more productive citizens.

Our government may waste lots of money, but IMO providing benefits to veterns is most often money well spent.

VACharvel,

OOO Rah!..from a VN Vet..in country with D 1/9U.S.M.C ( 0311 of course) 65/66. and a very proud PGR rider. God Bless you, and thank you for your sacrifice and service. I am sitter here literally shaking coz I am so mad right now..I need to either throw something are kick a door. How incentive!!!! reminds me of the so called church group from Kansas that try their best to dishonor the funeral of our Service people that the PGR was founded to protect the family's against. My son took the course in Orlando. and he did it with money from his G.I .Bill as he was a vet of Desert Storm. It was a pretty good course...of course he was pretty young and being we live in the Midwest he would get laid off during the winter so he persured a different career..its like Auto mech's however constant updating your knowledge. He has no clue when it comes to my 04 RK. In fact I think i know more about it than he does...lol Only thing he does know is he really wants to ride it...lol Again God Bless you..and I wish you the very best of luck...when ya get out..i will let you work on my bike...lol "Maybe"...lol :cheers

Mr. Vac Frist and foremost, Thank You SIR for defending Mr. Wilson's right to show his I.Q.!! Also Thank You for your service for our great country I am one who understands the sacrifices you, and those before and after you have made for me and mine! THANK YOU SIR!!!

First, in the interest of full disclosure, I'm a Vietnam vet, in-country in 1967-68.

I take umbrage at the comments suggesting that any part of the GI Bill, whatever version of it, is "welfare." The GI bill is part and parcel of the pay and benefits of serving in the military. It is no different than medical or dental benefits, which are highly desired components of civilian pay packages as well. In fact, there are still corporations that foot the bill for college classes for employees. Would Mr. Wilson consider these benefits to be Welfare?

The GI Bill has always been used by the military as a recruiting tool. The promise of a free or subsidized education has prompted many a young man or woman to enlist in order to better their lives upon completion of their service. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Again, it's part of the "pay" offered for their service.

I don't understand why some folks consider educational benefits to be welfare. Is it because it's something they get after they complete their service? Well, if that's what makes it welfare, then my retirement pension, which was also part of my employment deal with my employer, is also welfare. Let's therefore assume then that Mr. Wilson would not take a pension, health care, or any dime that wasn't earned by actual, measurable working minutes.

OK, I'm exaggerating a bit, but the point is, benefits are just that - benefits. They are NOT welfare; welfare is not a benefit. It is entirely different. (Standing down from soap box, now.)

I am another in the "didn't serve" category. I tried but it was just after Viet Nam war and the military was downsizing, they were only taking college grads at that point. However, my dad and older/younger brothers all served, and I totally respect eveyone who has made that sacrifice. Kudos to Mr. VAC and all the others who proudly served.

I'm not going to "heap it on" Randall, he has probably learned the folly of his ways. If not, I believe they can find a seat on the next plane to Kabul to continue his education.

VVAC, first, Thanks for your service, I started this post three times and had a very hard time keeping the language in check. I used the GI Bill and it never felt like welfare and I never saw a day of combat, it was one of the reasons I had for enlisting, a good benefit. Some people will just never have a clue.
My Son is enrolled at UTI in Exton, PA not in HD, but in Diesel and the school has a very good reputation.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back