free website stats program Motorcycle Mechanics Institute Harley Davidson Program | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Mechanics Institute Harley Davidson Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

VACharvel

Has anybody here attended the UTI (Universal Technical Institute) MMI for the Harely Davidson Mechanic course in either Orlando or Phoenix?

I want to attend this course and take the early model Harley course and the later model electives for my own knowledge to work on my eventual bike in the comfort of my own home garage, and those of my buddies who ride.

I'm currently waiting for the brain-children to amend the new Post 9/11 GI Bill to allow technical/trade programs to be covered under the new Bill. When that happens, I will definitely enroll in the program.

The new Bill would totally pay my tuition, give me a very good living allowance each month, and enough extra $$ to get a lot of Snap-On tools under the Student Excellence Program (SEP) relatively cheap....around 50% off list price to stock my tool-box.

What are your thoughts on the program if you've attended, have heard good or bad about the program etc?

This is going to be my hobby here at home...maybe build one custom bike a year to sell to fund the next one...I dunno, still working out the details in my head....I'm an electrician by trade and am mechanical by nature and am good with my hands...it seems to be a good fit for me and my personality.

Good friend of mine took the course in Phx and had nothing but good things to say about it,that said thanx for your service! :cheers

Has anybody here attended the UTI (Universal Technical Institute) MMI for the Harely Davidson Mechanic course in either Orlando or Phoenix?

I want to attend this course and take the early model Harley course and the later model electives for my own knowledge to work on my eventual bike in the comfort of my own home garage, and those of my buddies who ride.

I'm currently waiting for the brain-children to amend the new Post 9/11 GI Bill to allow technical/trade programs to be covered under the new Bill. When that happens, I will definitely enroll in the program.

The new Bill would totally pay my tuition, give me a very good living allowance each month, and enough extra $$ to get a lot of Snap-On tools under the Student Excellence Program (SEP) relatively cheap....around 50% off list price to stock my tool-box. Why should I pay for your stuff and half of your snap on tools, when I using old junky Sears stuff?

What are your thoughts on the program if you've attended, have heard good or bad about the program etc? I know a guy who attended it and when he packed my wheel bearings I noticed he just added fresh grease to the old grease, which I thought was unprofessional.:lolrolling

This is going to be my hobby here at home...maybe build one custom bike a year to sell to fund the next one...I dunno, still working out the details in my head....I'm an electrician by trade and am mechanical by nature and am good with my hands...it seems to be a good fit for me and my personality.

You said you were an electrician and alluded you were mechanical...why don't you make your own way like most of the rest of us do. My Dad was a WWII vet and never took that first penny of Government welfare. He was a man above reproach. I'm not impressed with your self centered selfish agenda at all.

Randall, You don't have a Clue do you? The MAN is a disabled Veteran keeping America Free so you can Enjoy yourself. Hope you get a well deserved Vacation for what you said.

Randall, You don't have a Clue do you? The MAN is a disabled Veteran keeping America Free so you can Enjoy yourself. Hope you get a well deserved Vacation for what you said.

How can you be disabled and all perform all of the task that this gent alluded to? I know me better than you do and am very aware of what is going on in our society. He's disabled and yet he is going to build a cycle and fix his buddies cycles (for a fee I presume)?

Perhaps your definition of disabled is different than mine. He never said he was disabled. I'm not a mind reader. He said he was an electrician and mechanical and gave me the impression of being a healthy active individual.

I do enjoy my vacations and paid for everyone of them to.

Mr Wilson:

While I agree that you have the same freedoms as an American that I and others share with you, I do not understand your response especially as a upstanding "Christian" man that you portray to me at this time.

From your signature, you mention no military service at all to speak of for yourself personally, but that your Father did serve his country.

Let me tell you what my "welfare" is as you so eloquently put it....

Not only did I volunteer as a 2nd Generation American, I continued to reenlist for over 14 years of my life to a cause I love with all my heart, have friends made in the Marine's that are closer to me than most of my family, and still love the USMC with all that I am and think often of all those young people stuck in (EDITED)-holes around the globe remembering when it was me.

My Grandfather was a Canadian national from Bathurst NB. Being one of many in the family with his siblings, he helped out on the family farm with the rest. When plowing the field one day, a horse was unruly, (edit) him off, and he shot and killed the horse. His father was a constable and fearing for his life, he fled to Maine where he met my Grandmother. The US Govt had a program in effect that basically said, if you are a foreign national, if you enlist and fight and survive, we'll make you a citizen. He enlisted in the US Army in Calvary and was on a ship bound for France when the Armistice was signed. He was discharged and got his citizenship after that.

I paid into the GI Bill program in 1993 the ammount of $1200.....I think I have earned the right to use my "welfare" as you put it in any capacity I deem necessary or convenient.

The taxes you speak of I also paid into for a lot of years, essentially helping to pay my salary as a active duty Marine, and with few exceptions, was never in a tax-exempt area.

The partnership between Snap-On, Mac, Matco, and others with this and other types of schools across the country is not one which I implemented but fully intend to use. You have the luxury of purchasing whatever you would like to, I don't at this time...

Welfare? I think I have paid and paid dearly for any benefits I have my friend. When was the last good nights, uninterrupted sleep you have had? My assumption most likely within the last week. Myself, I haven't been right since 1997 and the horror we seen/did in Albania and then Sierra Leon, Africa. Maybe you are a better man than I and are of a superior intellect or composure than I....perhaps....but I daresay that your brain would shatter at the thought of what I experienced as reality daily.

I really think you should re-evaluate your view of Veteran's as "welfare" cases and thank whatever God that you indeed do pray to that there are men and women who have stood for you, so that you may make these vehement posts from the comfort and safety of the little world you have built around yourself.

Maybe if you have visited a VA hospital and seen some of these 20 somethings that are missing arms, hands, legs, horrible burns, missing eyes you would get it. Maybe knowing that a friend you hung out with, knew his family, his children, then attend his memorial at Camp Lejeune and seen their faces, maybe you'd get it...well, for you, you'd probably say that the pittance his spouse would recieve would be a welfare case.

Or, being a young Corporal in the USMC in 1997 were responsible for loading American Citizens, friendly nationals, and wounded and dead into helo's back to our ships with people missing arms, legs, KIA's, and washing out the blood every night with a hose you'd get it....but I seriously doubt it. Or, perhaps seeing a 10 year old child murdered in Sierra Leon and his head exploding into a fine, pink mist and not being able to stop it or kill the murderer after....I relive this about every night of my existence, but I'm a welfare case so what do I know, right?

I find your existence reprehensible and attitude appaling....but I and countless others have defended the right for you to spew whatever venom you choose to do so. When you say your prayers you should thank God that there are those out there defending you and your family and our way of life.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
VACharvel,
Very well put. Very well put Indeed.

I can not THANK YOU enough for your Service.

Hoop!

You said you were an electrician and alluded you were mechanical...why don't you make your own way like most of the rest of us do. My Dad was a WWII vet and never took that first penny of Government welfare. He was a man above reproach. I'm not impressed with your self centered selfish agenda at all.

Nobody is asking you to be impressed with anything or anybody but this is considered flaming another member on this forum and as such has earned a vacation.

This man has been disabled serving our country and maintaining YOUR right to spew the type of arrogance you posted here.

I hope you have learned what type of forum we run here and can show more respect for a person who deserves to be respected regardless of what YOU feel.

Please enlighten us with what you have done for our country!

How can you be disabled and all perform all of the task that this gent alluded to? I know me better than you do and am very aware of what is going on in our society. He's disabled and yet he is going to build a cycle and fix his buddies cycles (for a fee I presume)?

Perhaps your definition of disabled is different than mine. He never said he was disabled. I'm not a mind reader. He said he was an electrician and mechanical and gave me the impression of being a healthy active individual.

I do enjoy my vacations and paid for everyone of them to.
some people...amazing...unnecessary..can say summers eve..... and grocery bag

VACharvel,

Having served in the U.S.N., my father in WWII, my grandfather in WWI, I thank you. Don't take to heart what Randall said. Some people will never understand what those who have served and are serving have gone through so that they can spout off at the mouth and live in the most free country in the world. God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back