free website stats program Motorcycle Lift | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Lift

I bought a Torin "Big Red" motorcycle/ATV jack. Same style as the Northern Tool and the Harbor Freight ones. It was on sale for $89.00 a few months ago at PepBoys. It works great with my Heritage. Very stable when jacked up and the release is hand operated and goes down really slow if you want. I can't say anything bad about it. Worth the money, great quality as well. :bigsmiley12:

My dad bought the Craftsman Professional 1500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV Jack a few years ago. Works great. Some people say that the bike seems unstable, yet my old man would literally spin the bike around in his garage and never had issues.

Craftsman Motorcycle Jack: Lift it Steady, Lift it Right with Sears
I have that exact same jack and it works great!! It was only $200.00 and it gets down plenty low enough to pick up my big Ultra. The release mechanism works great. There is no pedal to step on to lower the bike. This one you twist the handle to lower it. In my opinion with that kind of tactile dexterity you get a more smoother, control lowering of the bike. Also, the light weight aluminum jack is a pleasure to roll around in the garage. I also keep my bike stored upright over the winter on this jack. Like your "old man" ( :) ) says, we can spin the bike around with no issues. I highly recommend this jack to anyone.

Just to add to Horizonchaser & Yellotang, Sears also has excellent sales where I have seen that lift sold for $179 on sale...so keep your eyes open.

Be careful with some of those lifts like the Craftsman, some of them won't fit under the Heritage. You need a low profile lift and frame protectors so you won't damage the shocks on Softails, you can get them from HD. They provide the right clearance and keep the frame from getting scratched.

Just some food for thought if you are considering this unit.

I have a similar jack made/sold by Sears. I bought it used, super cheap on Craigslist

The things you might want to consider are:

Have a level surface to use it on.

Raise it high enough to engage the lock, then carefully lower it until the weight of the bike is resting on the locks. It will be more stable that way.

On my application the jack interferes with draining oils into a catch pan. There are some simple solutions i'm sure, I just haven't spent the 10 minutes to figure it out yet. Meanwhile, it has become a minor pain.

Good Luck,
Ferrous

I have the same one, paid 70.00 for it 2 years ago. It works really good gets it up to a good working height, but if you have had your bagger lowered, it may not get under it. It just barely goes under my 08 ec.

OK lift for the money. I have had several different bikes on mine. I just keep a piece of plywood handy to roll the rear tire up on if the bike is too low. One thing about mine is that it comes down fast so be careful doing that.

A quick note on the drain pan issue. Run my Heritage up on two pieces of 2X8 to get good drain pan clearance. When the draining is done, I can roll the lift under the frame with no clearance problems. Be sure to put a piece of 2X8 under the side stand as well.

I have this lift and it does a fine job...except...I have a lowered road king and I have to push the bike up onto a couple pieces of plywood to get the lift underneath it

I have the Sears Professional model I got for under $100 at a sears outlet store. Fits fine unber my RK and is pretty stable. Only problem is the release. Its comes down pretty fast.

Back